Ford Racing Intake Manifold is it worth it.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks to the good folks at summit racing I have one that should be here tomorrow or friday. $578.95 free shipping. Heck of a deal for a brand new one considering what I have seen some of these used ones bring here lately.

suprchrgd

forum member
Reaction score
i just picked up an frpp intake too, 450 shipped off this site.
with the numbers you guys are seeing, i am glad i made the purchase!

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
i just picked up an frpp intake too, 450 shipped off this site.
with the numbers you guys are seeing, i am glad i made the purchase!

You'll love it if you've got FI or cams and headers.

Curious, what are the issues with the C&L? I have not heard too much negetive press about them.

I've only heard that it's heavy. Other than that, nothing bad.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Curious, what are the issues with the C&L? I have not heard too much negetive press about them.

I have heard C&L is better for guys running nitrous. Plastic and nitrous backfires being contra-indicated. :)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Its a manifold, it works, compared to whats out there I would put it on the bottom of the list for many factors, cost, looks etc. Performance wise it will be similiar. It's a thicker alumnum casting, bit longer runners for my taste etc. It has never been a big hit really.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score

YOU can say that again.... even on a P1 i saw 20hp difference.....it was worth the money for sure!

I've only heard that it's heavy. Other than that, nothing bad.

The C&L is not the the best looking intake out there either..... IMO

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score

YOU can say that again.... even on a P1 i saw 20hp difference.....it was worth the money for sure!

taxman;1503376 I've only heard that it's heavy. Other than that said:
The C&L is not the the best looking intake out there either..... IMO

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
There were several on here that brought anywhere from $500 up to $540 I did have a few offer theres at $475 not a bad deal he sold it quickly. I do feel like to me its worth the extra $70 to have a brand new one so I know t has all the hardware and a warranty. These things apparently hold there value well. If I dont like it I will probably only lose a $100 or so on it. I have delete plates now and will toss them up for sale shortly. How do you tell what brand they are I cant remember.

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Its a manifold, it works, compared to whats out there I would put it on the bottom of the list for many factors, cost, looks etc. Performance wise it will be similiar. It's a thicker alumnum casting, bit longer runners for my taste etc. It has never been a big hit really.

Understandable. I haven't looked at the C&L too much but I hadn't ruled it out so I was curious. I personally think the FRPP and C&L aren't all that attractive. I like the looks of the JPC :)

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^ They had to change the company making them due to problems. It will be a while before they can get everything ready with a new manufacturer. I really don't expect to see any until next spring.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^ They had to change the company making them due to problems. It will be a while before they can get everything ready with a new manufacturer. I really don't expect to see any ever again.

Earl

Fixed.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll trade you some chewed up bubble gum and half a snickers bar for it.

JPC's website says coming soon for the cast version. Any idea on the release?

They have been saying that for Apr and no updates....you can draw your own assumptions and conclusions from that.

Back