Ford Sync Kit

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wish I'd seen this when I first got my truck, I'd have gotten it for my truck, but my kenwood Nav unit has BT and usb already. Awesome deal for someone.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
What is the MSRP on this? Wondering how much of a discount is being had here.

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
What is the MSRP on this? Wondering how much of a discount is being had here.

the name of the product is mobile - ease, yahoo\google\bing, what ever search engine you use and you can find the price in 3 seconds... all i'll say is he's giving a SMOKING DEAL on an awesome product.

akdoggie

The Mutt from the North.
Reaction score
This is really an old thread. I'll give you some information that may help you out.

The kit number for the SYNC add on unit is 9R3Z-14D212-A. You can find it on eBay from one particular seller, who has it for 63.99. He has sold over 100 of them. I've bought 3 myself and installed them on different Fords. Two on Mustangs and another on a F150. You can not use it with Job 1 radio heads, though. It only works on Job 2 HU's. These have the chrome rings around the two upper knobs. There is no writing on the knobs like the later Clarion heads. (#8 or early #9 prefix is needed to have everything work correctly). Some have had problems with programming, making the microphone work erratic. I hope this helps.

07supergt

Reaction score
This is really an old thread. I'll give you some information that may help you out.

The kit number for the SYNC add on unit is 9R3Z-14D212-A. You can find it on eBay from one particular seller, who has it for 63.99. He has sold over 100 of them. I've bought 3 myself and installed them on different Fords. Two on Mustangs and another on a F150. You can not use it with Job 1 radio heads, though. It only works on Job 2 HU's. These have the chrome rings around the two upper knobs. There is no writing on the knobs like the later Clarion heads. (#8 or early #9 prefix is needed to have everything work correctly). Some have had problems with programming, making the microphone work erratic. I hope this helps.

So what you are saying is that you cannot use it in a 07 Mustang with Shaker 500 and have full functionality??

akdoggie

The Mutt from the North.
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that you cannot use it in a 07 Mustang with Shaker 500 and have full functionality??

That is what they say. I've seen it both ways. You can plug them in and they will usually work with some degree of correctness. All won't though. I do know that you can't use a Shaker 1000 set up and have the bass work correctly.

I have an 07 and had to switch up to the Job 2 head unit to get everything to work correctly without programming. We don't have a dealer anywhere around here who can do the reprogramming.

A Job2 head will definitely work with the 14D212 kit. Job 1, is questionable. One guy said he got his to work but couldn't get his steering wheel controls to work properly, but that confused me since the kit has its own separate microphone and controls. He said he went to a newer head and everything came to life. Another guy bought the kit and a used (already programmed) module from a wrecked Fusion, and it worked perfectly. It is all in what you have to work with. If you have a SYNC capable radio, then by all means yes. All Job 2's are SYNC compatible as far as I've found, and all are capable to receive Sirius.

As far as your 07, the head units will plug in and work, but you may not get the ability to use the later strg wheel controls to work. If you don't mind that, then it should work. Good luck

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
That is what they say. I've seen it both ways. You can plug them in and they will usually work with some degree of correctness. All won't though. I do know that you can't use a Shaker 1000 set up and have the bass work correctly.

I have an 07 and had to switch up to the Job 2 head unit to get everything to work correctly without programming. We don't have a dealer anywhere around here who can do the reprogramming.

A Job2 head will definitely work with the 14D212 kit. Job 1, is questionable. One guy said he got his to work but couldn't get his steering wheel controls to work properly, but that confused me since the kit has its own separate microphone and controls. He said he went to a newer head and everything came to life. Another guy bought the kit and a used (already programmed) module from a wrecked Fusion, and it worked perfectly. It is all in what you have to work with. If you have a SYNC capable radio, then by all means yes. All Job 2's are SYNC compatible as far as I've found, and all are capable to receive Sirius.

As far as your 07, the head units will plug in and work, but you may not get the ability to use the later strg wheel controls to work. If you don't mind that, then it should work. Good luck

Since when do 05-09 Mustangs have steering controls?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back