forgestar pic request!

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Steve told me that occasionally there will be a few small fisheyes in the clear powdercoat, and customers would bitch and moan and want their money back, even though they were tiny. I talked with him about it. He said it could happen, but it's not frequent and you can't tell from 5 feet away.

That's good enough for the girls we go with, so I ordered a set. I almost bought the "brushed" finish that I saw at SEMA, but it was $160 upcharge per wheel, and I don't think you'd notice much unless you were really looking. Since I'm not a car show guy, I want wheels that will look best when I'm just cruising around.

Soooo, there you have it. You can still get it if you want, but be warned, they may have a few fisheyes in the clear. Steve was up front with me, and I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. Hopefully it's not an issue.

Paul.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
^Did you get a chance to see their new "extreme concave" F14's? Holy mother of god...if you think the "deep concave" was aggressive you ain't seen nothing yet. I saw them in person when I stopped by Forgestars warehouse 3 weeks ago and they look unreal!

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, I saw those. They look pretty neat. I have a mini-tubbed '89 Coupe at home that I'll eventually have the axle narrowed on. I was actually thinking that a set of 18x12s with a 345s or 355s would look cool, and with a super narrow axle, I could have a ridiculous deep concave on it.

Wicked5.O

'Stang Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did, and thanks man. Here are some more pics, straight from my phone:

stangfall4.jpg

stangfall7.jpg

stangfall8.jpg

stangfall9.jpg

Can we get some better pics of this car? :boobies:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Can we get some better pics of this car? :boobies:

It's funny, I have about 5 nice camera's, including a Canon T2i but it hasn't been charged and my phone is always on me, so I wind up using the phone more often then my real camera's. I know I need to do a proper "photo" shoot with it...just hasn't happened yet.

Surfstang if you meant my car - Thank you.

Wicked5.O

'Stang Noob
Reaction score
It's funny, I have about 5 nice camera's, including a Canon T2i but it hasn't been charged and my phone is always on me, so I wind up using the phone more often then my real camera's. I know I need to do a proper "photo" shoot with it...just hasn't happened yet.

Lol I hear ya. I have a T2i as well, but my iPhone always seems to be handy when I snap quick pics.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, I'm tired of black.......and I have black wheels.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I think black looks amazing. Can't really say it's played out lol. It looks really good, why wouldn't people do it?

Like I did quad exhaust before like almost everybody. Told everyone cheapest and easiest way, tons have it now, and I thought it was overplayed. But then I realized its just cause its sexy haha.

But titanium F14s are sexy as fuck

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I have Brushed Titanium F14s. Black wheels are lame, and look cheap to me. (My opinion) If you're going to spend thousands on Forge stars, why have them look like cheap AMR wheels or similar?

My. 02

Paul.

JJ@Hypermotive

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Although there are a lot of black wheels out there, here is a few pics of mine with black F14's. Who knows, I may change them in a couple years especially since this is my second set. I had the 05-07 SVT shelby wheels before these.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be selling my Brushed titanium F14's with the Conti DW's if anyone is interested. Very few miles as I don't drive the car that often. Only reason I'm selling is I am a wheel whore and ready to try something else.

Bmwguyw/mustang

Reaction score
I figured this is pretty much a forgestar all info thread so I wanted to give my opinion on the set of wheels I purchased. The wheels are Forgestar CF5 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear both are deep concave. It took about 10 weeks to get and for the amount of time it had taken the quality should be better. There is some dimples in the powder coat and in 3 spots there is debris that was coated over not small debris it is noticeable. The other issue is the spoke design is different front to rear even though they are the same style and depth type. For the price I cannot recommend the wheels I have gotten better quality from other companies like team dynamics they were cheaper, lighter, no centering rings, no design differences, and better powder coating.

I know this is a pic thread and I will have pics up on here of my car by Monday hopefully. Waiting for lugnuts and have to put a second coat of wax on the wheels. I will try to mount them at work Saturday.

The car they are going on is my 13' black Mustang. I will list mods with forthcoming pictures.

Thanks for reading

Back