forgestar pic request!

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Ok, ordered the kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HOVM0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Only $69.52 for everything which even includes valve stems (For chrome, black is more expensive)

Keeping my fingers crossed they fit!

Yep, my blacks were 93 direct from amazon. Here's another place selling them on amazon for $35 more... I went ahead and ordered em too since the american muscle lugs I'd initially bought probably won't work. Didn't wanna wait 10 weeks for my wheels and get ready to put them on to find out I need other lugs.

http://www.amazon.com/McGard-65530B...OVMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331240602&sr=8-1

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
So even after all that shit, you want the wheels? I don't care who it is, that's way too much shit to deal with IMHO.

No turning back after coming this far. If by any chance I order Forgestars again, it certainly won't be from Forged Wheel Source and would likely only be on Ebay wheels that are already made and ready to go. An yeah it was a lot of crap to deal with.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, my blacks were 93 direct from amazon. Here's another place selling them on amazon for $35 more... I went ahead and ordered em too since the american muscle lugs I'd initially bought probably won't work. Didn't wanna wait 10 weeks for my wheels and get ready to put them on to find out I need other lugs.

http://www.amazon.com/McGard-65530B...OVMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331240602&sr=8-1

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. In fact I just paid $50 more for tires because the Tire Rack could get them to me quicker.

For the record Pete replied about a couple hours ago and said he got the shipping labels and just waiting for Fedex to pick them up! So they should be shipped out today. Woohoo!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
LOL, I know exactly what you mean. In fact I just paid $50 more for tires because the Tire Rack could get them to me quicker.

For the record Pete replied about a couple hours ago and said he got the shipping labels and just waiting for Fedex to pick them up! So they should be shipped out today. Woohoo!

Sweet, let us know when you get them on! Also, be gentle with the McGard lug key. Thinwall sockets like that aren't as strong and I've seen a lot of them break (especially with air tools).

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Here's the difference when ordering from a well established company who knows and cares about customer service:

Tire Rack order placed @ 1:30 today:

4 285/40ZR -18 Continental ExtremeContact DW
In Stock $261.00 $1,044.00

Shipping confirmation with tracking numbers received @ 5:20pm:worship:

...Still waiting on the tracking #'s for the wheels that were supposed to automatically be mailed to when from Fedex

Sweet, let us know when you get them on! Also, be gentle with the McGard lug key. Thinwall sockets like that aren't as strong and I've seen a lot of them break (especially with air tools).

Will do and thanks for the tip, bit I am having the wheels/tires put on @ Firestone so I hope their air tools don't break it! I would think McGard would make them super strong to handle air tools. They make very high quality stuff from all I've heard.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Here's the difference when ordering from a well established company who knows and cares about customer service:

Tire Rack order placed @ 1:30 today:

4 285/40ZR -18 Continental ExtremeContact DW
In Stock $261.00 $1,044.00

Shipping confirmation with tracking numbers received @ 5:20pm:worship:

...Still waiting on the tracking #'s for the wheels that were supposed to automatically be mailed to when from Fedex

Will do and thanks for the tip, bit I am having the wheels/tires put on @ Firestone so I hope their air tools don't break it! I would think McGard would make them super strong to handle air tools. They make very high quality stuff from all I've heard.

Their lug nuts are great but the socket key is very thin and light. You'll see when you get it, it's much much lighter than gorilla ones. It may be aluminum actually.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
So I received the wheels today and look what offset it says on the box!! WTF!!? I just emailed Peter @ Forgestar and will see what he says. How in the world could they have screwed that up. With the amount of correspondence I have had with him he knew darned well what car I had and the order was specifically for a +42 offset. Also, it looks like this is a set of their older wheels because they are only rated to 1520lbs. I just hope that the boxes are wrong!!
EDIT: GOOD NEWS, JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FORGESTAR AND THEY SAID THAT'S JUST HOW ALL THE BOXES ARE, THEY LIST THE STARTING OFFSET. PHEW! FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW! LOL. ALSO, THEY SAID THE 1520LBS IS THE NEW RATING.

March2012021.jpg

Other pics:
March2012022.jpg

March2012027.jpg

March2012026.jpg

Last edited:

sgt2719

Reaction score
Did they ship UPS and what shape were the boxes in? Last time I received wheels shipped by UPS they were damaged.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Did they ship UPS and what shape were the boxes in? Last time I received wheels shipped by UPS they were damaged.

No, it was a Fedex shipment and the boxes were in great shape. In that one pic there's just a small piece of the very top layer on cardboard missing..no biggie. Wheels were packaged very well with reinforcement cardboard layers inside the boxes and the usual fishnet and plastic rim protectors.

LOVE the wheels, they look amazing in person. Concave + polished aluminum with a silver backdrop + nice spoke design = the sex! Black wheels?? F that!! :p

Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score

Yup. I just sent one back for that reason. Waiting on the replacement and hoping for the best. I hate UPS sometimes.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
If all goes well I'll have them on the car tomorrow. Have everything ready to go: Conti DW tires are already at the Firestone service center (Shipped there direct from Tire Rack), Received my new OEM Tpms and McGard spline wheel install kit, and now the wheels.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. F this. Sexy and smooth like. Piano black > Matte black

6841432648_bb6e7ffdde_b.jpg

Yes, F that! :evillaugh: Sorry I'm just weary of seeing only black wheels, never was a fan of black wheels to begin with and thats all anyone orders anymore, lol. But yeah, your car looks great. And I agree Piano black looks a lot better. Entrenched car looks amazing too.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Sorry... some cars just look best with black wheels... I couldn't image DigitalSynapse's Silver 5.0 rolling on anything else.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I must admit I used to hate black wheels, but they have grown on me and I agree some cars, particularly in certain colors look fantastic with black wheels.

But I still think it's just a fad that won't last. Once upon a time people also couldn't imagine going out to a club without wearing skin tight jeans with huge bell bottoms :p

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back