From the Start of Things

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
So after years of being on the forum and browsing around I finally decided to create a thread on my car. I have learned a lot on the forum and appreciate all those have contributed on here. Many have inspired how my car looks today and others have shown me what not to do. So lets get to the specs.
First off the car was purchased on March 20th from Delray Ford in Florida. Traded in my beautiful 2008 GT/CS which taught me the meaning on being a Ford Mustang owner. From the many tickets and roll over crash that was a result of being 16 and unknowledgeable in a rear wheel driven car.

The Motor

Upon purchasing my 2011 Kona Blue Mustang gt with Leather, Brembo brakes and security package I was stoked! Time for a new beginning and this time I would be more careful with the extra horsepower.

Of course with all the good of having a new car especially on its first year production with the new 5.0 come the problems as well. Luckily with over 38k miles on the car my mt82 has been holding up very well, had a bad mess up at the track and blew my clutch at about 16k miles which took out the 5th gear synchro that was replaced by ford.

3 months into owning the car I had sent out my old sct tuner to get reprogrammed to use on my brand new car. Along with that I had added a carbon fiber jlt intake along with a BBR tune. Living about 20 minutes from Blow By Racing has benefited me a lot, I have become good friends with the crew over there and they have always helped me out. Though with more good comes worse. With 11k miles on the car I decided to attend a local dyno meet from what I thought was a reputable tuner (will keep unnamed) though ill say they are located in Miramar Florida. Who claims they will make more power with their tune verse BBR, so he offered to put it in the car make a few adjustments to get everything right and ends up making the same power. After 3 hard pulls on his dyno I began to worry… The car started to smoke out the tailpipes. Still being young I was unsure what was going on the tuner refused to print out the dyno sheet and afr for me, he shut me down on everything and would not answer my calls after brought the car to Chris at BBR and pulled the plugs finding the dreading number 8 to be gone. This being my only means for transportation I had no choice but to go under the knife and rebuilt the short block. Of course this was fairly new with the 5.0 and there were no head cooling mod, oil pump gears, sleeve blocks or anything. So I went with a simple bump of the compression to 11:5:1 Manley rods and pistons.
The tear down

Stainlessworks headers

Back to life she was and feeling great! After full break in car pushed out 440whp on the dyno with just the bumped compression, jlt intake and stainless works headers and x-pipe on 93.
The car then stayed how it was for almost a year, after spending the money to rebuild there was not much left in the bank account to get going on anything else. Then in February of 2013 more bad had happened. Driving home from school a car to the side of me lost control and slammed right into me. I thought for sure all my hard work just went down the drain. Over a month and a half of waiting insurance ended up fixing the car and once again the car was back to life! Seemed like nothing could stop me now!

Finally with all the Paxton/Vortech battling with the price wars, I ended up staying true to Chris at BBR who gave me an amazing deal on a JT blower from Vortech with 8 rib set up. Though as I was getting ready to pay this bad boy off, I got a call from Steve telling me about their new Reaper system that was about to come out. Of course I jumped on that for the amazing price! Installing that was amazing truly hidden kit, and made some amazing power as well, ended up pushing 150 shot out of it which make some great power on the dyno. Sadly to say due to my work schedule I was unable to get a track number on the car and the next week I ended up putting the blower on the car.
Of course I couldn’t resist standing out a little bit and ended up spraying the intercooler in a burnt copper. I figured I would be proud of the boost!

I ended up not going with the Id1000 bandwagon everyone has been hopping on, since I have some goals with the car that I don’t believe they will be big enough for. I ended up going with a Deatchwerk 200lb injector only. No BAP or fuel system yet… I swapped out the 3.6 pulley for a 3.47 pulley which pushed nearly 14lbs with the intake off the car. Chris and his tuning were able to push out over 700whp with this set up as it sits. Remember this number was produced without the hidden reaper kit in the car, Chris knew there was not enough pump left to try and add the spray so we mocked the kit up and we are patiently waiting my purchase of the fuel system.
So in the mean time, I purchased a daily driver ad Hyundai Veloster turbo 6 speed which I drive everyday. Being content with the power in my Mustang I decided to get a little creative with it and going to more car show orientated events. My sister began dating the owner of Signature Customs a vinyl wrap company in Fort Lauderdale which he helped me add some flare to my car. I didn’t want to go to crazy with it, and I think he did a great job!.

Of course with the new show car look , I had to get on the bandwagon of AirLift suspension which again I got an amazing deal on! Stage3Motorsports was a huge help as well as Jeremy from Airlift from mentioning them to me!

I like to consider my car the new age Tony the Tiger. LOL

On a flyer for a local Hooters meet.

Some recent photos that I have done.

This is how the car now sits. I have been looking for a new set of wheels and just unsure on the style I want. Trying to see if there is a way to come up with a sponsor as well.
I will update this as much as I can with the changed that will be coming.
Newest mods to be added are a DSS driveshaft that my lovely girlfriend purchased me from JPC over the holidays that is currently on back order. I have also decided to man up and go with the Chris and his fuel system so I can finally see what this baby can do on the strip. Going to be finishing off the nitrous and adding e85 into the mix. Keeping the stock mt82 as long as I can. Once that breaks then I will figure out where to go from there.
If anyone wants to follow me on Instagram and see more photos, my user name is: jme_stang

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Very nice ride. Sorry about the bad luck with accidents, but shit happens.

Love the Air Lift setup, but then again I'm biased lol.

javdog07c/s

forum member
Reaction score
Yea bro that's is sick, love the AirLift, and I too am bias on the Air ride, Jeremy is a super cool kat

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
image4-1.jpeg

looking good! where did you get the rear splash guards with the side skirt splitter? I love that look!

Last edited:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Great thread! I am glad you and the Mustang are OK. The car looks great and I am sure it is a blast to drive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back