Front plate

stanimals2

Reaction score
Hey all ,, new to the site and I have a question, What do you do with the front tag for your S197 ? I bought a 2012 a couple months ago and Ohio requires a front plate on all vehicles and obviously there is not a place to put one. What to you all do ?

Thanks, Stan

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
They have no-drill plates available online. I'm sure somebody will chime in with a reputable seller

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all ,, new to the site and I have a question, What do you do with the front tag for your S197 ? I bought a 2012 a couple months ago and Ohio requires a front plate on all vehicles and obviously there is not a place to put one. What to you all do ?

Thanks, Stan

There is on my 05 GT. Just 2 top holes. You can barely see them since they were painted over. I haven't ever had a front plate on mine for almost 2 years in 2 different states. As a matter of fact I've never even been pulled over. O/R pipes and no mufflers too.

When I do need to put one on I will do what I did with the rear. Drill out the holes. Attach with SS bolts and wing nuts.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use Craig's as well. Good stuff.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks, Stan

Drive the car without it. I haven't had one on a car in decades (literally) and I am in your state. It's a non moving violation fix-it-ticket in Ohio last time I checked. Keep it in the trunk on the bracket. Tell them you have it in the trunk. You've got a bigger chance of being pulled over for having illegal window tint (50% is the max in Ohio on side windows) than a missing front license bracket. I've been pulled over and only been warned about it once. I simply told them it was in the trunk. I never lied about it falling off. If you are a nervous Nell over the plate you can seek out one of those hide away brackets they make.

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Connecticut requires a front plate but I haven't had one on any of my cars in 20+ years. One of my best friends is a state cop and HE doesn't run any front plates on his personal vehicles. Law enforcement should be more concerned with the growing number of people using cell phones while driving instead of worrying about front plates.

Brick

forum member
Reaction score
A fellow central Ohioan!

I like the "Sto N Sho" brand, a couple of the forum vendors carry them and there are install videos on YouTube. They're on the pricier end, but use factory holes underneath the front lip so there's no drilling new ones. Makes the front plate look as nice as it can in my opinion.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back