FRPP intake manifold with turbo?

MrBhp

Reaction score
I've dug around in some of the older threads but couldn't find a specific answer to my question. How good is the stock intake manifold on a 4.6 3V. I will be running 9lbs or so on the stock block. Will turn it up when the forge assembly goes in. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of getting the FRPP intake, or maybe the Steeda delete plates.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
My experience with the FRPP was that it did not perform as well as the stock intake with deletes. This was in NA form. Never tried it with any type of FI, but others who did showed gains over the stock intake with deletes. IIRC BruceH documented some of his results, might try searching under his name

MrBhp

Reaction score
My experience with the FRPP was that it did not perform as well as the stock intake with deletes. This was in NA form. Never tried it with any type of FI, but others who did showed gains over the stock intake with deletes. IIRC BruceH documented some of his results, might try searching under his name
Cool. Thanks!

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the stock intake on mine. I will not go to the Ford Racing intake as the torque loss for normal driving is too much for me. The loss in torque at low-mid rpms will also mean slower spool times.
There are hundreds of things I would spend my money on before an intake that only improves things past 5500 rpms after making them worse prior to that.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BruceH's car only saw improvements with the intake when he had it on the big bore stroker motor. He even put the stock intake back on the big bore motor and it gained a bunch of mid-range power but did lose some up top on that combo.

MrBhp

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't find bruceh posts. Search really sucks. Thanks. I'll get some delete plates and go from there.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
The stock Intake manifold with delete plates produces more mid-range torque (3300-5200rpm) whereas the Ford Performance intake does better at higher rpm (5200+). Below 3200rpm it's a toss up between the two.
On a turbo set up I'd say the Ford Performance intake with twin 62mm TB will work great. Peak TQ will be slightly lower than with the stock manifold/delete plates but the torque curve will extend further at higher rpm making it flatter, and that obviously means more HP.

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
I shove the frpp with a turbo and made 760 wheel on 16 psi.

Never tried the stock manifold though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a big bore so the toqure issue was not as bad for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason Mathews

Reaction score
I would upgrade to the ford performance milk jug. It also deletes the imrc that you have to delete if going boosted like me. Its tested to 25 psi i believe

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
I have been running the FRPP intake for a number of years now, but I don't drive my car on the street unless just going around the block. The boost on my car is 24-26psi, no issues

MrBhp

Reaction score
Thanks guys. For now I'm going to run the stock intake with delete plates. When I get the stroker ready I'll switch over to the frpp piece.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back