Having trouble identifying which cams are in my '08 GT

xxsurvivalism

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a tune, I believe I have a slight lean condition that is related to the current unknown tune. My problem is, I had zero information about the car when I bought it and I do not know what cams are in it. Sounds silly but I wanted to save it from a life of neglect and abuse. It obviously has cams. I can tell by the idle (it's definitely NOT FRPP Hot Rod cam idle. It's a smooth idle but definitely not stock), the power band (fairly mellow below 3,000RPM and a bat out of hell from 3,000 and up), and the other engine modifications (it's an assumption I know, but who would bother with BBK Long tubes, off-road X pipe, FRPP Intake Manifold, 62mm TB, CAI, underdrive pullies, Moroso Catch can system... and leave the stock cams in the car?)

I took the valve covers/cam covers off to inspect the rollers and cam lobes and such. Everything looked great, only numbers I could fine on the camshaft were K047 099. Can't find a damn thing when I search by those numbers. I guess my question is how do I identify what cams are in it? After reading and reading and reading some more and watching every video I could on 4.6 3v camshafts, if I have to GUESS, I would say they are or are close to Comp Cams XFI Stage II's. But being unsure and trying to build a tune with the wrong cam information could probably be disasterous lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most aftermarket cams have the part # scribed onto the back of the cam-on the base circle, facing the firewall. Not sure if you can get an inspection mirror against the firewall and see if there is a part #. Cams ground by Comp will look like someone scribed the numbers by hand.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back