FRPP K springs and J&M LCA question

QWIKFIX

forum member
Reaction score
My next plan was to get some J&M LCAs to help get rid of some wheel hop issues. But would like to lower the car too with FRPP K springs. My question is with the 1.5 in drop, do I need relocation brackets for the LCAs?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by need them?

The lca relocation brackets are to help launching at the track.

28ONE

Reaction score
My next plan was to get some J&M LCAs to help get rid of some wheel hop issues. But would like to lower the car too with FRPP K springs. My question is with the 1.5 in drop, do I need relocation brackets for the LCAs?

I don't have relo brackets for LCA's and I have K springs installed with no wheel hop whatsoever...

QWIKFIX

forum member
Reaction score
What do you mean by need them?

The lca relocation brackets are to help launching at the track.

I wasnt sure if lowering the car would effect the angle of the new LCAs and negate any improvement in wheel hop unless I added the relocation brackets.

28ONE

Reaction score
Do you have stock LCAs and did you have a wheel hop problem before lowering it?

They're stock LCA's, the car had the FRPP handling pack installed when I got it. I would guess that you would need them only if you lower than 1.5 inches (Eibach Sportlines or H&R Supersport). Check out the corner carving section. For me, this being my daily driver, K springs are perfect and it really depends exactly what are you planning to do - track, autocross etc. Looking at your sig, I would change gears for sure, 3.73 or 4.10's for sure!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The more solid poly bushings on the lca's is what helps stop wheel hop. Changing the lca's angle is to improve launching at the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back