Fuel rail pressure dropping

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
damn. I was thinking you were making less power than me and thats why mine was taking a shit and yours wasn't lol

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Any updates?

Dan couldnt do anything. He upped the voltage in the tables and all that did was raise my delta psi. I put in a new fpdm too and no change. Im brainstorming but getting nowhere. Jeremy put my old pump in a car and had no issues. So that leads me to believe any other pump would do the same shit

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The line going from the pump to the hat burst. It was really only a rip and there wouldn't be much debris if any and the filter would have caught it, which I replaced.

I just logged it again with the re-loaded tun and it didnt feel erratic but it did not feel 100%.

@ 100% dc

FPUMP_ACT_VOLTS 13.65
FPUMP_FLOW_RATE 1.48
FPUMP_VOLTS_TAB 8.02

I have seen the fuel pump act volts @ 14.53 and volts tab @ 9.78

IMO there is a restriction in the line. Something is stuck somewhere between the hat and filter most likely. It would be a good reason to upgrade the line.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO there is a restriction in the line. Something is stuck somewhere between the hat and filter most likely. It would be a good reason to upgrade the line.

I had this thought as well at one point. Maybe when he had the fuel line rupture a piece of hose or fiber that reinforces it made its way into the line or hat somewhere and it stuck before the filter. Its a longshot but we have tried alot of stuff so far....

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I had this thought as well at one point. Maybe when he had the fuel line rupture a piece of hose or fiber that reinforces it made its way into the line or hat somewhere and it stuck before the filter. Its a longshot but we have tried alot of stuff so far....

It's about the only thing that makes sense. There isn't enough pressure and the ecu knows it. It's trying to get the pressure by raising voltage. To me that means the system is working as designed and it really only leaves something physically blocking fuel flow. It could even be a bad filter even though it was replaced recently. I know that for me it would be a good reason to replace it with something bigger and better.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Just disconnect it at the filter and the top of the hat and blow air at the filter side first, then at the hat side.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the rupture problem on mine but I'll upload a screen shot of the datalog where mine is reading maxed out.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you guys can tell anything from this?
Untitled2_zps8ff6b34c.png

Untitled_zpsc8f66fbf.png

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You never get a big pressure drop as your pump hovers just under or at 100% duty cycle. Looks like it drops back under 100% as rpm goes up which is a bit odd bc if it was really maxed it shouldnt do that. At 6k rpms your back down to .47, Maf maxed maybe? Not sure quite how to read that what that intake air pid that doesn't change?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Why is it so rich? Is that by design? I'm seeing under .75 lambda, that's under 11:1.

I'm thinking Lito did that since I was having the pump issue. The wideband gauge is reading in the 11s under wot in boost from what I can tell though

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll try and do that. I'll also see if Lito will lean the tune a little more as well

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back