Fuel's Winter Project: Build It Before It Blows

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You probably had some pretty good pre turbine pressure at that level on that setup then with the 65mm turbine. The larger turbine will help drop pre turbine pressure.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
All ready to go...

I am 99% sure that I am going to go with an 11cc dish piston too. I believe that should put me right about 10.5:1 and I know a company that has them on the shelf for the 3v with a 3.800 stroke and big bore. **EDIT** They also offer them in a 6cc dish. Someone that know how to figure it wanna post what that compression ratio would be?

I also found a NOS Saleen ebay seller that has new Mcleod Aluminum 8 bolts flywheels for $200 shipped so I will be picking up one of those. If I could only find someone that would trade my old hotside for a C&L or FRPP intake.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
From my figures

Flattop=12.7:1
6cc Dish=11.6:1
11cc Dish=10.5:1

I think I will stick with the 11cc pistons if these figures are correct.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Matters on hp goals. I did both. I built my motor for 1500 hp and my goal started out at 800s but when i hit that easily it went to 1000+ amazing how that happens. Build it for at least that and you will be good for what ever you throw at it. Even if it takes longer to save and do it you want regret it in the end.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
^Josh what Bobby said, depends on your goals. My goals have never been more than 700, I'm there and I'm done. I know what I'm using will hold up but if i were to go for 1000 i would have changed out a few things like rods, I used a upgraded wrist pin but i didn't go with the biggest because I didn't want to add any more weight than I really had too....if i was going for more power I would have added even bigger wrist pins. I probably would have done a iron block also, but for me 700 on the street is plenty . I'm rarely more then half throttle.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Rolled the car out of the garage and lit it on fire today. Invited a few friends over to drink beer around the fire.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Almost picked up an 06 GT the other day at an insurance auction. But still set on a GT350. So...........
Yes, I'm still here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Lol, I didn't actually haven't really done much of anything other than sell off more parts. Turbo kit and fuel line are gone now too. Should have the block, crank, rods and pistons all on the way this week.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back