garage flooring

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
OK so I return from a deployment in a couple of months and I really want to do my garage floor, but I am not sure of what I want to do. There seems to be endless amount of companies and or options, so I would like some ideas from people that have done it already.

1. What you like, and more importantly what you don't like about what you have?

2. What did you do, paint, rubber interlocking blocks ect?

3. Appox price and labor.

4. Exact brand you used (Ucoat, Rusteloum, etc)

I am sure most of you use your garage the same way i do. I am not running a full performance shop, just the basic DIY stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Ciao
Ken

CGRE-06

Reaction score
ad14c299-b9c9-866c.jpg

Found this post tonight. Hope this helps. I used U coat in 2002 approx. $600 dollars for three car garage. This floor takes abuse well - floor jacks being pulled around/ oil spills wipe up with a rage. Clean the floor with mop and bucket.
If I did it again I would tape off under door and not expose coating to outside direct sun/ too much fade. Also wait much longer than rec. drying time to prevent tire imprints in floor. The floor is only slick to walk on when snow/ice is on it,no problem when just wet. U coat website has videos my kit came with VHS tape(2002).

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I used h&c shield crete and it looks nice and had held up nicely. A kit of part a and b usually runs 80-90$ but since I work at sherwin Williams I get it cheaper. I did it myself and it was easy as could be to put down.

kbexperience

forum member
Reaction score
ad14c299-b9c9-866c.jpg

Found this post tonight. Hope this helps. I used U coat in 2002 approx. $600 dollars for three car garage. This floor takes abuse well - floor jacks being pulled around/ oil spills wipe up with a rage. Clean the floor with mop and bucket.
If I did it again I would tape off under door and not expose coating to outside direct sun/ too much fade. Also wait much longer than rec. drying time to prevent tire imprints in floor. The floor is only slick to walk on when snow/ice is on it,no problem when just wet. U coat website has videos my kit came with VHS tape(2002).

What's a VHS tape??

:roflmao:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back