Gary Dean wash method anyone

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I ran across this and have always did a similar method on my cars if they weren't extremely dirty. I decided to wash my grand prix today that hadn't been washed in say 3 to 4 months extremely filthy. Method actually worked very well and I honestly didn't even use a gallon of water. Pics are of it after washing only. No wax sealer or compound.
20130805_162307_zps5f37a047.jpg

20130805_162335_zpsbc5ff08c.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The Grand Prix looks good, but I'd be nervous to use that method on the Stang.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I do it all the time. I do a hose free wash every couple of times I drive the car when it's accumulated road dust. But I will say I don't use this method if the car has been driven in the rain because too much grit sticks to the finish without a good hose blast to knock it loose. I use Chemical Guys Eco Hose Free Wash. It only takes about 1 oz in a bucket of water. Makes the water super soft. It doesn't streak or leave a film like car soap. I soak about 6 or 7 microfibers in the bucket. While they soak I use compressed air to blow what dirt/dust I can off the car. Then I take a spray bottle filled with water and a 1/2 oz of Eco Wash and spray a panel down to prelube. Then I grab a microfiber from the bucket, wring it and slowly drag a microfiber in one direction and flip the towel as needed. Once the car is dry I wipe down the finish with CG V07 spray sealant and buff to a shine. I have not run into a problem with scratching the surface whatsoever. And trust me, I'm super anal with my black car. Always comes out amazing.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Good info Timmbo. If you can get away with it on a black car, than you are doing soemthing right!

alinkous

forum member
Reaction score
I watched about 3 hours of CG youtube videos yesterday at work or at home (yeah.. feeling like a slacker), and I was really wanting to try this no hose method but you just shattered my dreams by saying you don't do it after it rains... Living in the PNW and after it rains is all the time to me so I was hoping I could get away with doing this. Damn you black car!

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I think you would be okay. That car in the video had water spots from rain trapped dirt all over it. The key is soak panel with spray wax or waterless wash then lightly rub your soaked towel over the panel. don't use pressure.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I actually love it. My stuff will have to be pretty caked before Id bust out a water hose. A lot easier to get no water spots this way Don't have the water leaking out of crevices for hours. Works great

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I actually love it. My stuff will have to be pretty caked before Id bust out a water hose. A lot easier to get no water spots this way Don't have the water leaking out of crevices for hours. Works great

I'm glad it works for you. Although I do have to say, I use a hose and don't worry about water spots nor water leaking from crevices.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
nothing special, ONR has been using this setup for years.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I been doing it to my 40k dollar black truck. You soak it with basically spray detailer then th rag is completely soaked with water and solution. So you start at the top of the panel and just run the rag over it without any hard force. When you get to the bottom after you do it you either fold the towel to a unused portion for the next panel or grab a different towel.

I was on the fence about trying it for the same reasons especially on black, but it works better then a standard wash for me. Now Im not saying if you have road salt and things like that on your vehicle or you went off roading and have extreme amounts of dried up dirt on it. I pretty much do it to every vehicle I own about once a week and or if it rains I do it after it rains to keep it from having water spots caked on.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I still don't understand how onr or this method dont scratch the shit out of your paint. Just curious.

I've used ONR on my DHG Bullitt since I detailed it last winter and the paint looks as good as did then. I don't understand how it works either but it does.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
the polymer in the waterless wash essentially eats dirt, dust and pollen particles vs. lifting them up from the surface.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a 3 gallon pumpup sprayer and fill it with wash strength ONR. If there isn't any heavy grime build up I "pre-soak" the panel before I clean it to help lift off the dirt. Otherwise I rinse off the car with my pressure washer before the ONR wash. Seems to work for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back