Limited water (no-hose) car "washing" ?

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I use ONR and have had great results. If my car is very dirty, I'll use a hose to get off all the hard stuff then go over it with the ONR. Only problem I have is a bunch of swirl marks from an orbital buffer.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
If done correctly and there is not a large amount of dirt (I'm talking a THIN layer of very light dust) Waterless wash will not scratch your paint. I would suggest check the Microfibers you are using are your technique with waterless wash.

The trick is to let the waterless soak on to the paint for a minute or so in order for the dirt to basically come right off. I use 3 towels, not 2 as most say to use. One for the cleaning in one left/right or up/down motion, the other swiped the opposite way to pull off any left over residue, and the 3rd with a detail spray to clean the rest and shine it up.

I've had friends that have used it and used too much force, or tried wiping it like a detail spray and left a ton of swirl marks/very fine scratches in the paint, which is easily correctable.

However, I won't use Waterless anymore as I have my own means of completely washing the car. I only used it when I did minor mobil detailing on garage queens and didn't have full access to water. I believe in washing a car traditionally, but, again, waterless won't hurt the paint if you know how to use it and you are not trying to clean a car that hasn't been washed in 2 weeks but is driven daily.

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
I use Griot's Garage Spray On Car Wash for dust / bird crap, etc. in between washings. If you get their kit, it comes with some of the softest microfiber towels I've ever seen. It doesn't leave any scratches or swirl marks that I can see, but my car is yellow so doesn't show them like black or a dark color would...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back