Gas Tank Temp

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if insulating our tanks will reduce fuel temperatures and improve performance?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on what's in it. I guess ur trying to keep road heat out? If u have a triple hat setup u will just be keeping that heat in more though right? I'd be curious.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on what's in it. I guess ur trying to keep road heat out? If u have a triple hat setup u will just be keeping that heat in more though right? I'd be curious.

Was thinking about road heat on a standard fuel tank with 93 octane. You make an interesting point as some time in future I will be upgrading the fuel system. Not sure how triple hat works or heat impact on it.

zeroescape

forum member
Reaction score
It would be easier to just run it through a cooler than to insulate it. Like previously mentioned you would trap heat generated by the fuel pump. Ive seen charts before that show how much power loss is associated with one degree of temperature increase. Im sure you could google it.

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
The tanks already plastic anyway so, any gain here's likely to be pretty minimal on the road. I doubt you'd be able to definitively measure and validate any improvement for all the effort.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back