gear whine? DS?

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
im having gear whine with my 3.55's on my 13gt. would changing from a 1 piece aluminum to a CF DS help any?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
im having gear whine with my 3.55's on my 13gt. would changing from a 1 piece aluminum to a CF DS help any?

Seriously? If you have gear whine the gears are the culprit...anything else is a band aid fix. They have lots of passes on them?

Last edited:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously? If you have gear whine the gears are the culprit...anything else is a band aid fix. They have lots of passes on them?

Ya seriously, the car has had the gears changed twice by ford, no luck. I'm thinking of buying 3.31's and having a shop do it. Just curious of other options.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Ya seriously, the car has had the gears changed twice by ford, no luck. I'm thinking of buying 3.31's and having a shop do it. Just curious of other options.

Make Ford do it again, call customer service too. My buddy did this and ended up needing a new pumpkin/center section to fix the noise. I have yet to hear a whisper quiet rear on these cars. They all make some kinda noises. Upgraded suspension parts make it worse.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Ya thats why ford has all the sloppy rubber everywhere and the lead shot in panhard bar and anxle weights on to reduce gear whine. And we all firm every thing up and bitch about the noise more gear is worst in my experience thats why i like my .331 and rousch upper for lowered cars it pretty quiet ds wont help probably worse

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Yeah I hear quite a bit more noise now (road noise/whir/popping/clunking) after going to spherical bearings in my control arms and a aluminum driveshaft. Not real happy about it but it was expected.

Going to an offroad H and resonator delete also had some unintended and unhappy consequences as well.

Darn mods. lol

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Ya thats why ford has all the sloppy rubber everywhere and the lead shot in panhard bar and anxle weights on to reduce gear whine. And we all firm every thing up and bitch about the noise more gear is worst in my experience thats why i like my .331 and rousch upper for lowered cars it pretty quiet ds wont help probably worse

You drinking? That hurt to read dude LOL.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear quite a bit more noise now (road noise/whir/popping/clunking) after going to spherical bearings in my control arms and a aluminum driveshaft. Not real happy about it but it was expected.

Going to an offroad H and resonator delete also had some unintended and unhappy consequences as well.

Darn mods. lol

Still not happy with the off road H? I am starting to lean towards getting one again. My buddy gained .2 with his.

As for the added noises, I Dynamatted my trunk, helped a lot.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
It sounds good outside the car. Inside I just don't like the metallic rasp. I keep waffling on getting resonators welded back in to help take the edge off it.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Keep taking it back to Ford. They owe you a relatively noise free rear end. It could be that something is wrong with the housing or tubes and the resulting geometry is causing the noise. If that's the case then no gear installer will be able to give you noise free gears.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Keep taking it back to Ford. They owe you a relatively noise free rear end. It could be that something is wrong with the housing or tubes and the resulting geometry is causing the noise. If that's the case then no gear installer will be able to give you noise free gears.

will do

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds good outside the car. Inside I just don't like the metallic rasp. I keep waffling on getting resonators welded back in to help take the edge off it.

Maybe try an X pipe? You already have GT500 AB's right?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
There is metallic rasp with an x pipe also. Just sounds a little different. And yah, I have GT500 AB.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back