Get rid of your 3valve it'll never be fast!!!

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need to dismantle the entire engine, get the heads rebuilt and repaired, and start from scratch. Take apart your oil pump. Take apart the phasers. Perhaps your sacrifice offering can help others, and please the 3V gods!
If it pleases the almighty 3v god......I will offer this sacrifice in good faith. Thy will be done.....lol.

Picked up the daily, it's a little gem! So now I can take my time. Going to get the heads pulled off tonight or tomorrow and drop them off at a highly recommended shop in Tyler on my way to Dallas for a little r&r. See if they can install aftermarket bearings in the journals. Aparently its a really solid fix for the issue/destruction.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
So what's the new dd?
2017 Ecoboost mustang? Hehe

Gringo

Reaction score
So now what?

I didn't intend to buy an 08 GT in November. I was looking for some second hand Miata or something more fun to drive than my F250 when I found this Vapor colored GT in the lot in Cheyenne. nine years old and only 22K miles on it. So I looked up the numbers, it was one owner. Bought it in Cheyenne, brought it in for service every spring, drove it about 3,000 miles and then put it away for the winter. Changed his oil, rotated his tires. His summer ride. I liked it, even though I knew it was not some super hot rod. So I bought it. I didn't like the looks of Mustangs all that much after about 69 or 70. Until the S197. Oh, I like the new ones, too, a lot. I can't afford a new one. I am a retiree. Fixed income and all that. But this one, well, I just liked it.

I read this forum for several months, trying to decide whether I wanted to even try to do anything with this 4.6. I was spoiled, I had a 68 fastback GT with a 390 Hi-Po and a C6 back in my youth. This car is not that car. But I wanted to do SOME thing to this one, in the spirit of my 68. Besides, I am house sitting a log cabin up in the boonies of Montana and had some time to mess with it this summer.

So after reading all the stuff here on the 4.6, I just kept it pretty simple. Bought an X4 programmer and lifetime tunes with Bama. Started running 91 octane race tunes. Then I bought a JLT Series III air cleaner, cause it delivers more air to the throttle body, and got some retunes for the CAI. Then last week I had Ford in Missoula put a set of 3.73:1 gears in the rear end. I took it by a local exhaust shop, Visa card in hand, and the very honest guy that runs the place looked at my exhaust and said they are already 2.5 inch tubes, so putting a cat back alone on it wouldn't really gain me much. He said he could make it louder. Well, I don't particularly want to buy louder unless it has something else with it.

SO...if I want to stay NA and not buy a blower or open the motor up for cams, I guess i got all the easy stuff done huh? I'm heading down to Texas next month and will go for some 93 octane tunes with the CAI, but that's about all I can come up with to do next. Maybe cut a hole in the hood so I can claim the scoop isn't really fake....it's just a really strange louver....

shoot. I was having fun.

Attachments

• 2008 GT.jpg
    2008 GT.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back