Getting a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. But....

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
So I took my car in today to the dealership cause the clutch pedal started shaking. Well turns out there's a TSB for it, so it should be getting done later this week. Question, I'm going to set it back to stock settings and stock air box, but last time I did that, I was getting a cylinder misfire code and it went into limp home mode. :tdown: So yeah, if this happens with all stock settings again, what should I try? I pretty much just need it to drive two miles down the road where the dealership is, any clues? Thanks Everyone!

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
So I took my car in today to the dealership cause the clutch pedal started shaking. Well turns out there's a TSB for it, so it should be getting done later this week. Question, I'm going to set it back to stock settings and stock air box, but last time I did that, I was getting a cylinder misfire code and it went into limp home mode. :tdown: So yeah, if this happens with all stock settings again, what should I try? I pretty much just need it to drive two miles down the road where the dealership is, any clues? Thanks Everyone!

Drive it to the dealer and have them check out the LHM, Its could be the MAF or a sensor,

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
yeah true, and for the days my car is in the shop, my gf gets my CAI and tune. lol. plus I'm gonna tune it at the gas station across the street so I won't have to drive far, plus what can they say cause it'll have the stock air box and tune. eh, I'll see what happens. Won't be for another week that it comes in so maybe I'll get some input then. Thanks! :thumb:

Willie

Reaction score
What's the TSB number? I'm thinking of buying an '06 V6 but it has a slight whine in fifth gear but only when you're light on the gas pedal. Also when the clutch pedal is depressed about half way, it pulsates. The dealership says all the concerns are "within tolerance". I'm having a hard time believing this because I've driven five other 5-speed V6's and none exhibit these symptoms.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
What's the TSB number? I'm thinking of buying an '06 V6 but it has a slight whine in fifth gear but only when you're light on the gas pedal. Also when the clutch pedal is depressed about half way, it pulsates. The dealership says all the concerns are "within tolerance". I'm having a hard time believing this because I've driven five other 5-speed V6's and none exhibit these symptoms.

I won't lie, it's not that bad, but it does start to irritate me after a while. I would tell you the TSB but it's in my car, which is in the shop. I'll have it back tomorrow with the results of the new parts and the TSB# and it's also in fourth at low revs. it makes a helicopter noise. :idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back