replacement clutch ???

whitmanink

Reaction score
hey guys,, my new motor is on its way , due here by mid next week ,
having it all apart , i figured nows the time to do the slave , tob ,and master cylinder,.
and of course pilot bearing,.
now heres where im lost,, both say for our year car, one is a 10 spline, another is a 26 spline clutch.?? RAM Clutches Mustang Premium OEM Replacement Organic Clutch Kit; 26 Spline 88952T (05-10 Mustang GT) - Free Shipping (americanmuscle.com)

will this work with my stock 5 speed? will i need to shim anything like some say with exceedy clutches? i want "plug and play" ,,,and not having to buy this ,so it can work for that ,type thing,,

and last , any tips or things to look out for when doing the clutch or any other part listed?
thanks guys and i cant get her back on the road soon enough

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
10 spline is 5 speed, 26 spline is 6 speed. I recommend the Exedy Mach 400 for stock, Mach 500 for up to about 550 hp. Past that, McLeod RST and RXT. You'll get a range of recommendations, but Exedy is a solid clutch and although there have been some problems, it is also the most bought clutch so as a percent of sales the complaints are actually really low.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Flywheel.
Resurface if not too bad. Replace if it is.
Measure for shim with clutch and bellhousing installed.

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
Love my McLeod RST... Would totally recommend that clutch.

What others said... 10-spline is 5-speed, 26-spline is for 6-Speed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

moooosestang

Reaction score
Get a flywheel and clutch package and you won't have any issues ime. I used spec billet aluminum flywheel with steel insert and their clutch, no shims, no bs, worked flawlessly. The stage 2 feels just like stock but will hold a lot more torque, 520 ft lbs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back