Godzirra's 2012 5.0 Build Thread.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sub'd any fitment issues at all with those tires? Looking to get that size on my 19x11's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
No fitment issues at all. Car has to be lowered which I see you've done and as long as it's centered right, no rub here.

I've got the 3.55 gear, detroit true track, ford racing girdle, exedy mach 500 clutch, exedy flywheel, red race lca bushings, jpc clutch line, and jpc line lock all installed. Currently driving the all over creation in the city to get 500 miles and my break in done as I desperately need to get her dialed in with kenb before our fun ford event June 29-30 here in Bristol.

Last edited:

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
No fitment issues at all. Car has to be lowered which I see you've done and as long as it's centered right, no rub here.

I've got the 3.55 gear, detroit true track, ford racing girdle, exedy mach 500 clutch, exedy flywheel, red race lca bushings, jpc clutch line, and jpc line lock all installed. Currently driving the all over creation in the city to get 500 miles and my break in done as I desperately need to get her dialed in with kenb before our fun ford even June 29-30 here in Bristol.
How you liking that exedy clutch?

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Great thus far. A little tad bit stiffer pedal but pretty much same engagement but more linear(that may be the jpc doing that though). She'll chatter a bit if I get to 1100-1200rpms in third but i'm bogging it anyway down there.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Well with the 3.55 in the car. I went 12.6@110 1.85sixty where as with my 3.73 I went 12.48@112 on a 1.65 sixty. Track prep sucked hard core tonight. No one was hooking worth a damn.

Also had a few of the "pro guys" (guys with 9sec and faster rides) tell me they think my car is bottoming out my tires. Right now I'm on the 26x11.5x17 et streets and where they have no side wall, my rim is bouncing off the ground. I could add pressure but the car really doesn't hook then. So I really need to go to a 15 inch wheel with some sidewall. I think it'd make a difference.

On Nitrous. Best pass previously was 11.6@118 on a 1.68 sixty foot. Tonight it went a best of 11.7@120 on a 1.83 sixty.

I went a 1.7 sixty foot once tonight.

Line lock is awesome. True track works perfect. New clutch seems great. We'll see what she can do if we can really get them to prep the track.

But thats the differences I've experienced dropping from a 3.73 to a 3.55

I need a 28 inch tire. I'm banging the limiter in 4th going through the traps.

However my buddy with a bone stock boss and some et streets went [email protected] with a 1.7 sixty.

I need driver mod or I got a lazy car, or both. But adjust my times .3-.5 tenths depending where you go. All my buddies last year bested their best times at our track by exactly .5 second last year at darlington.

Last edited:

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Little update. Moved into new house money is in more priorities stuff ATM. But the car is at the chassis shop. Turns out, both axle tubes are bent/twisted out of tubes. Explains off caster in rear and car pulling like a mofo inconsistently to one side or the other, unloading after launch(had no pinion angle) and not hooking worth a damn. Also getting all the geometry set right with it as I can't seem to get it right. Upr race Uca and a steeds race adjustable lca's replacing the red bushing stallion stuff that was on there. He's also beefing up the chassis mounts for those parts, welding and squaring relocation brackets an then welding the axle tubes an such. After that we'll see if I can actually get a nitrous pass that hooks. I was originally going for a good all around car used for everything but after recent acquisition of a miata for track and curves usage, I can just make this beast go fast in a straight line.

Only planned changes this year is to shed weight
matching front racestars to rid me of big 275 Forgestar's on front
Driveshaft and loop
Possibly BMr k member, radiator support and a arms.
Finish the outside with gt500 rear and rough side splitters. I really want a 13 roush bumper with a 13 hood.
She'll probably stay in this state for next couple years til graduation from nursing school. I dont wanna blow her up cause couldnt afford a new motor at this point. ill just enjoy her and drive it. Then we'll look at l&m long block, t56 magnum(maybe a auto?), 9 inch rear, and a Lund twin kit and shoot for a grand.

I'll post a pic from computer that chassis shop sent me when I get home on computer

Last edited:

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Plans look good! Sucks to hear about the axle.. I figured you already had the axle tubes welded with all those passes you were making. Are you going to be upgrading the axles while you're at it? C-clip eliminators?

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Plans look good! Sucks to hear about the axle.. I figured you already had the axle tubes welded with all those passes you were making. Are you going to be upgrading the axles while you're at it? C-clip eliminators?

Eventually will do the axles, they seem fairly strong and I haven't seen too many break them. I'm more worried about the trans at this point

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Whats the benefit of the JPC clutch line??

I had some slight sticking issues when car got hot, explanation stock one not bein very heat resistant and stretching and fluid boiling near the header. Jpc line won't stretch an is a little more heat resistant. Fixed all my issues.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Will it help the overall performance of the slave by letting more fluid move in and out of the slave?

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Awesome man congrats!! You have some small hands..j/k. :) that's some good looking wheels and tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back