Good DD upgrade from 275/35-20s?

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
I'm running Foose Nitrous staggered 8.5/10.5 with Hankook Ventus V12s front and rear. The rears are 275/35-20, and you can see the rim beyond the sidewall...looks like some gay hella flush ricer shit. I hate it! So...I've done a pretty good job of ensuring that they need replacing before winter...:naughty1:

I want to go a bit wider in the rear, without going TOO much taller. I'm going to go 4:10s in the spring, and don't want to have to go with friggin 4:56s or something crazy like that. I found some reasonably priced 305/25-20 Falken FK-452s at TireRack for pretty cheap with matching front 255/35-20s. Is anyone running this combo?

I want to know how wide I can do without rubbing...The car has Ground Force drop springs, which lower the rear by about 1.4". I think I might want more than a 25 on the rear though. I was thinking more of a 40 series, but haven't found anything that looks good and has good reviews.

Thoughts...?

-Brian

Last edited:

Tay

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Brian,

I am running 295/35/20 Nitto Invo's on a 10.5 wheel. You can see pictures of my car on page 12 of the unique wheel setups thread. I'm not sure how great invo's are for DD because I don't think they last long, but size wise you can get an idea. My car is lowered on coilovers.

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
They look good man, nice ride! I dig the rims. I adopted the Fooses when I bought the car, so I'm sticking with them for now. The Invos have that weird tred pattern, don't they? How are they in the rain? I know it rarely rains in La Jolla, but figured I'd ask. I was stationed in SD for the past 8 years, and now I'm out here in DC...I miss the weather, and my car does too!

Tay

forum member
Reaction score
Thats awesome you were in SD. You gotta get back out here. Yea that's them with the weird tread pattern. I can't honestly say how they are in the rain because as you said before, it hardly rains here. Plus, it's not a daily driver so it never see's the rain. My brother has the same tire on his Audi A4 and is already replacing them after 20k miles. So not sure how good they are as a DD.

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Brian,

I am running 295/35/20 Nitto Invo's on a 10.5 wheel. You can see pictures of my car on page 12 of the unique wheel setups thread. I'm not sure how great invo's are for DD because I don't think they last long, but size wise you can get an idea. My car is lowered on coilovers.

I think this is the perfect size... I'm running 295/40/20 out back now and they are just too tall. I ran a 285 or 275 30 series a few years ago and HATED it. they looked like rubber bands. I've seen the 295/35 nittos in person and they are amazing. I'll be picking some up within the month.

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
O and I'm also running the Foose Nitrous wheels... I love them!

IMG_0216.jpg

DRock

Reaction score
DOnt go with a 40 series ESPECIALLY if you are going wider............

It sounds like a 295/35/20 is what you want

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
Really nice, tbird! What a clean car! Very well complimented by your wheel, tire, spring combination.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya last Tuesday .....65mph is scary with the rear end going side to side.. I rarely drive in the rain in this car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back