google search

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
So we all know how irritating the search function can be to use, so why not put a google search bar in? They did it over on another forum i frequent (svrider.com) and it cut way back on noobs asking stupid questions and just seems to be much better at finding specific threads.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for something on this forum why would you want to search with Google? Google would give you hits from everywhere, if someone wants to do that there are plenty of options available. I don't see this as anything we need, hell I use Firefox and the search option is always at the top of the browser.

Earl

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Google doesn't give to you free and ads are a given I bet.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Search engine on here works great if you actualy use it right and use tags etc.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Search engine on here works great if you actualy use it right and use tags etc.

Search works great but there is a pitfall. Reading the rules of the site they make sure to mention "SEARCH", yet they don't make people put relevant info in the subject title. Seems like it would be a two way street in those regards. It can be a bit annoying trying to search for stuff when you have subject titles like "Ughhhh", or "DAMN", so you might have to sift through tons of threads that don't apply. It would be nice to add something to the board rules to have a subject title that actually describes the topic at hand. It would make sorting through the pages of threads that come up through the search a bit easier. This would only apply to the TECH threads.

Back