Got an email coyote tune? Step inside

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
So, slightly off-topic perhaps...

The 2012 GT A6 I just bought has a strange occasional issue. Background, the car came with an SCT X3 with 3 Bama tunes in it, Using the '91P' tune at the moment. Waiting to hear back from Mike Rousch who tuned my old car to get setup with new tunes for this one. Only other mods are 3.73s and an offroad x pipe.

Occasionally, when accelerating from a stop, the speedometer will 'stick' at zero and the car will not upshift at the 'normal' time into 2nd, it hangs 1st gear out way too long. then suddently the speedo will jump up to 20-25mph or whatever and the car will shift into 2nd, then third, etc, then act normally until I stop again, in which case it will sometimes do this stuck speedometer event again. Is this Bama tune related, or something else going on? The car runs and shifts perfectly otherwise. Strange. My old 2011 never did that, and I had Bama tunes for a bit.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
They never got my tranny to shift correctly. Would go to false neutral and just rev, or do multiple downshifts, or couldn't decide on a gear. I would bet that is just a BAMA tune and Mike will have it fixed.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
So, slightly off-topic perhaps...

The 2012 GT A6 I just bought has a strange occasional issue. Background, the car came with an SCT X3 with 3 Bama tunes in it, Using the '91P' tune at the moment. Waiting to hear back from Mike Rousch who tuned my old car to get setup with new tunes for this one. Only other mods are 3.73s and an offroad x pipe.

Occasionally, when accelerating from a stop, the speedometer will 'stick' at zero and the car will not upshift at the 'normal' time into 2nd, it hangs 1st gear out way too long. then suddently the speedo will jump up to 20-25mph or whatever and the car will shift into 2nd, then third, etc, then act normally until I stop again, in which case it will sometimes do this stuck speedometer event again. Is this Bama tune related, or something else going on? The car runs and shifts perfectly otherwise. Strange. My old 2011 never did that, and I had Bama tunes for a bit.
Doesn't the SCT have the stock tune in it? Flash it back in and see if the issue goes away.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't the SCT have the stock tune in it? Flash it back in and see if the issue goes away.

It does, as well as an SCT Strategy tune I can try. I swapped to the '93R' tune last night and drove it to work today and it didn't do it, but I also only came to a couple complete stops, so not a very good test, haha. I'll do some experimenting later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back