GT350R rips the Ring....

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
http://horsepowerkings.com/report-2016-shelby-gt350r-clocks-732-19-nurburgring-lap/

gt350r_731_nu.jpg

The 2016 Shelby GT350R has clocked a blistering-fast 7:32.19 at the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife. That’s nearly 5 seconds faster than the Camaro Z/28’s well-groomed 7:37.40 time, and even a second faster than a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
According to the fresh report, the GT350R clocked this time back in September of 2014, and was “easily repeatable”. The (trusted) source also claims that the ‘base’ GT350 is “within a few seconds” of the ‘R’ package, but no specific lap times were given for the base model.
The GT350R is a pretty substantial upgrade over the GT350. The ‘R’ package gets a unique chin splitter, an aluminum rear bumper beam, and “unique performance chassis tuning” as standard equipment. On top of all the Track Package goodies that come optional on the base GT350, you also get MagneRide magnetic dampers, a wider front track, increased spring rates, and a lowered ride height, coolers for the engine/transmission/differential, and selectable drive modes. Not to mention massive 15.5″ carbon-ceramic rotors clamped by six-piston Brembo calipers.

But what really sets the GT350R apart is what lies wrapped in the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires: Carbon-fiber wheels – which are standard on the GT350R, making Ford the first major manufacturer to introduce this technology as standard equipment. These race wheels shave 52 pounds off the GT350R’s total weight, while providing higher levels of stiffness compared to aluminum rims.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
This is really nice, even after how prostituted these achievements have become, seeing a Ford's Ecoboost lead 2 Corvette DPs so far at Rolex24 is also nice, hope Ganassi's team can keep it up until tomorrow.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That is badass if it is true! Considering hpkings history with articles I will hold my breath until I hear something from Ford especially since Jamal has said they aren't interested in ring times.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder what markup over MSRP will be on those?

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Even though I'm with James May, and I hate 'ring times

Lol, that is the first thing I thought of when seeing the title! James is going to disapprove of the ride quality on this car

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
Is no one suspicious of these guys after their "ford is dropping the V8" article?

i follow a german guy that hangs around the ring getting spy shots. he has said he had timed the car under 7:40 but i never took much into it. now....damn. wow.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm surprised the times aren't better. Word is circulating that the GT350 is faster than the competition around 2.0-2.5mi road courses by seconds. The R is in a different zip code.

I also heard that the Z28 time around the Ring was done using a ringer car that made over 150hp more than stock and was running cut slicks.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Looking forward to some more 'solid' information and what the car can really do with some slicks.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Is no one suspicious of these guys after their "ford is dropping the V8" article?

That is badass if it is true! Considering hpkings history with articles I will hold my breath until I hear something from Ford especially since Jamal has said they aren't interested in ring times.

Hmmmmm .... Nope

I'm surprised the times aren't better. Word is circulating that the GT350 is faster than the competition around 2.0-2.5mi road courses by seconds. The R is in a different zip code.

I also heard that the Z28 time around the Ring was done using a ringer car that made over 150hp more than stock and was running cut slicks.

Not to mention that GM wasn't able to get a decent time on the ring until it was colder out which is why the ring times for the Z/28 weren't released until October or November when it had finally rerun the ring.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I have to say this little "Advertisement" in not helping me... The GT350 is what my wife and I have been waiting for. But I was hoping it was a 2017 car so I could pay off our current stang before we bought another one. I want to have both... But this car has been popping into my head quite often, and I am worried I will be weak and trade the GT in to get the 350... Must be strong!

I mean, this is like marrying the girl of your dreams. Only to meet her even hotter, more down to earth and into you sister at your wedding!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back