GT350R rips the Ring....

claudermilk

Reaction score
This thread is full of win. Yeah, I'm waiting for some confirmation as that site is not a good source--and I fear that all the others are just using them as their source. Nevertheless, it's worth it just to cause the distress on the Camaro forums. :nk:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Wow....

Mgizzle said:
to make a car faster with more power u have to add mass to increase component durability. Wheel bearings, drive shafts and driveline, suspension linkages, body stiffening because of those pilots etc etc. The brakes alone are 20+ kg heavier so consider that in pounds. The extra g's will drive more fluids too, coolant, trans coolers, diff coolers etc etc.

Look at the zl1. Look at the z/28. Look at the z06. Look at the last gt500 shelby. More powerful cars drive mass in most muscle cases since motors are bigger and torque has to be handled.

Finally, the z/28 is so fast because engineers tuned vettes, Vs, 1LEs, ZL1s for years. What did ford tune? First time with MR, first time a serious rear IRS, first time really grippy tires.

Z/28 is about 3850 lbs. That is almost GT PP mustang mass. Best case 350r will be close to that mass and not have the torque. 315 pilots can handle more torque. Also, rear seat delete is silly, u took weight out of worst spot possible. ________
uhh... i'm a little speechless.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
^TPoTD^

As far as times are concerned, there are "official" ones and unofficial ones that are recorded. Normally the ones that have track data, and cockpit view posted onto YouTube (time data is overlayed) are the times people will brag about (because there is evidence).

Tire choice is an issue when it comes to running the Ring. Back with the ZR1 and GTR both came out, they kept fighting back and forth with "record ring times." The reason being is the ZR1 would beat the GTR, Nissan would then run a different tire, and the Corvette would end up doing the same. It went back and forth for about a year or so. If you look at the lap time board on the Wiki, this is why you may see multiple entries from those vehicles (aside from actual changes done on the GTR).

Most of the recorded video lap times start at the start/finish line, and that is normally what is recorded onto the chart. As far as what to report in the requirements along with the video, they only ask for what tire was used. Nothing of the sort as in the ZL1 being stripped with a roll cage.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Horsepowerkings is a bullshit website that posts rumor and hearsay as fact. I put as much faith in these numbers as I do their V8's will cease production in 2 years article.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
did you not see this link in the OP???

Lol I didn't even realize that was what you posted.

I'm sincerely sorry Dave.

Horsepowerkings is a bullshit website that posts rumor and hearsay as fact. I put as much faith in these numbers as I do their V8's will cease production in 2 years article.

Yep, because of their stupid rumors they are producing in order to gain popularity, Ford released a statement to correct the V8 will be phasing out.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I've seen a number of the more reputable sites quoting the time, but I wonder if everyone is using the BS site's article as their source. I'm still waiting on more solid confirmation to completely believe it. In the meantime, I will just break out the :popcorn: and enjoy the hair-rending on the Camaro forums.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Especially when there are people egging the Camaro guys on by saying it was a wet lap, so the car is supposed to have more in it. lol.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Watch the camaro guys change their tune and say the site is reliable now...
Ahh to see the effects of rabid bias. :roflmao:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Yeah bc the Z06 is now in the same company as the new koenigsegg 1:1 which happens to have 1300hp on E85 from a twin turbo V8 or 1100hp on 93 and the body produces 1345 pounds of downforce at 160mph. And tested at just below a 7min ring time. They will be doing official lap times for the record this spring. But sure the Z06 is right there. So maybe they shouldn't even bother now haha. I smell bullshit

Here is car and drivers first drive. You tell me if you think the Z06 is on the same level and can pull off similar times as this beast.

http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-koenigsegg-one1-first-drive-review

Here is a clip that is the most interesting.

Let’s start with the name, which is meant to be pronounced as a ratio, as in “one-to-one,” rather than “one-one.” It refers to both the car’s metric power output of one megawatt (or 1341 horsepower, when running on that E85 alcohol-gasoline blend) and its perfectly balanced power-to-metric-weight ratio. As in, 1.0 kilogram to 1.0 PS (or*Pferdestarke, which equals 0.986 horsepower). Did we mention that geeks built this car?

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ford just released 'ring times on the 2005 Mustang 3V - apparently it did it in 6.48.21.

Everything you've known about the 3V has been wrong.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back