GT350R rips the Ring....

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
3,461 is what the ATS is supposed to weigh, and the biggest motor they get is a V6. Camaro is probably going to be close to 3,600 with a V8. The biggest weight issue with the Camaro was the Zeta platform.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So true story...

Back in the early 90s I was driving my 67 mustang fastback to work (Super Shops in San Bernardino---I lived in Rancho Cucamonga). I had put in a 428 with the typical mods of the day. Sounded really good but it was only 11.60s on motor and 10.80s on the bottle.

So I pull up to an intersection and this guy in an old pickup truck rolls down his window and says....."Sounds nice! You gotta 3/4 race cam in it?"

I just smiled and shook my head no.

Then he gets all excited and says "YOU GOT A FULL CAM IN THAT?!!!! BAD ASS DUDE!!!"

I am not kidding. That really happened.

I really am laughing my ass off!!!

3,461 is what the ATS is supposed to weigh, and the biggest motor they get is a V6. Camaro is probably going to be close to 3,600 with a V8. The biggest weight issue with the Camaro was the Zeta platform.

Is that what it really weighs? Or is that a claimed weight? Need to get the Vorshag guys on that!!

Maybe they don't realize that the V8 is going to weigh more, the trans will weigh more, the rear end will weigh more, the brakes will weigh more, the wheels will weigh more.......oh look, 3750.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMotorsports

Reaction score
Is that what it really weighs? Or is that a claimed weight? Need to get the Vorshag guys on that!!

Maybe they don't realize that the V8 is going to weigh more, the trans will weigh more, the rear end will weigh more, the brakes will weigh more, the wheels will weigh more.......oh look, 3750.

Exactly. There's a lot of that discussion going on over at camaro6 right now. Apparently the CTS-V (which is also alpha platform) weighed in at a little over 4,100 lbs even with a carbon fiber hood and aluminum doors, etc. It's kinda fun watching them argue amongst themselves.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a lot of that discussion going on over at camaro6 right now. Apparently the CTS-V (which is also alpha platform) weighed in at a little over 4,100 lbs even with a carbon fiber hood and aluminum doors, etc. It's kinda fun watching them argue amongst themselves.

Bingo! Performance stuff isn't light. Bigger swaybars, bigger spring, bigger coolers........yada, yada, yada. I spent a lot of years making motorcycles light. Even with lots of carbon and titanium it is not easy. These guys that think they are getting a non exotic with 450-500hp that will weigh in at under 3600 are on crack. The weight adds up quick.

I don't even want to weigh my 2007.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Bingo! Performance stuff isn't light. Bigger swaybars, bigger spring, bigger coolers........yada, yada, yada. I spent a lot of years making motorcycles light. Even with lots of carbon and titanium it is not easy. These guys that think they are getting a non exotic with 450-500hp that will weigh in at under 3600 are on crack. The weight adds up quick.

Shit, I'll probably be around that number here soon.

Then again, I won't have AC or an interior, and I won't have put in a roll cage yet either...

IIRC, Cortex is involved in a project to get a full race prep S197 under 3k. Or at least it shows that on their website, which never gets updated.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Shit, I'll probably be around that number here soon.

Then again, I won't have AC or an interior, and I won't have put in a roll cage yet either...

IIRC, Cortex is involved in a project to get a full race prep S197 under 3k. Or at least it shows that on their website, which never gets updated.
That's possible, but it will be $$$$.

No way that is happening with a blown car!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
That's possible, but it will be $$$$.

No way that is happening with a blown car!

I don't think the Cortex car is forced induction. Hell, idek if it's gonna be a mod motor. They may be doing an all aluminum pushrod to save weight for all I know.

Yea, my goal for my car is to lose as much weight as possible (duh). The Griggs setup will help tremendously with overall weight and the distribution. Here's a quote from them: "Our test car yielded a 50.2% rear weight bias with a full tank of fuel and 210 lb. driver. This was a S197 GT in street trim, with battery in the stock location and all systems stock except for the GR40 chassis and brakes."

I also may look into some carbon fiber options. That's EXPENSIVE, but you gotta pay to play. I'm already spending five figures on blower setups alone, so fuck it.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
ohhh yea... you know what it is..
fl2a1073.jpg

fl2a1040.jpg

fl2a1044.jpg

fl2a1046.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The fastest fucking banana on wheels. You know I'm really disappointed in Ford because I didn't have to see hideous yellow Mustangs for what 4 years and now this shit .... Fuck

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Being a Browns fan i despise the colors yellow and black together.
No go for me. I still love the car tho.

lostsoul

Reaction score
whats up with some of you peoples.. dont like black or yellow?

racist.jpg

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
The fastest fucking banana on wheels. You know I'm really disappointed in Ford because I didn't have to see hideous yellow Mustangs for what 4 years and now this shit .... Fuck

:lol:

lostsoul, I guess the gif sig will need an update :p.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

My 2011 5.0 is pretty insecure about its 3870 curb weight (with me). I tell it that it's okay, it's not fat, it's big boned, it hides the weight well, yadda yadda yadda... but I think it notices when I do a double take at a nicely done Z06 or *God Forbid* an anorexic little Factory Five Cobra... :naughty1:

lostsoul

Reaction score
Not without the help of DADDY. He offered to buy me a z06 if I lost 100lbs.. maybe I can talk him into a gt350 if i lose 50lbs.. hahah

The big pain will be when it comes out how many thoughts of selling the syt will I get. I may only get 10K if that.

Can I really let a car with sooooo much rich history go for so little? :beerdrink:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back