Gt500 brake kit

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone investigated piecing a GT500 Brake kit together for a GT s197. I know the Ford Racing kit has, rotors, calipers, pads, lines and brackets... is there any point just buying the GT500 Calipers from a dealer, then getting better slotted rotors and Hawk pads with aftermarket stainless lines?

Think it would be cheaper and can performance be improved or should I just get the FRPP GT500 kit. I'm thinking about getting these brakes or possibly the Saleen (stoptech ST40 calipers and one peice 14" rotors if I can still find em for 900$ ish)

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Buying the calipers separately, then adding your own pads, lines, and rotors would likely end up being more expensive, but you'd have to do some window shopping to be sure. If it were me, I'd just by the kit from buyfordracing.com (but they don't ship to Canada, you'd have to run across the boarder to pick it up).

Make sure you wheels will clear the brakes before you purchase

fiverivers

forum member
Reaction score
I have a roush 4piston brake kit with 1 piece rotors, pm me if your interested.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You should be able to find the brake kit for about $1100 plus shipping. I'd recommend going that route. If you want different pads, or rotors, just sell them out of the kit to recover some of the price.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all.

I bolted my wheels up to a 2009 gt500, there was about 1mm clearance from spoke to caliper, would you guys run a 1/8" spacer for added insurance? and....any idea if the Saleen/stoptech would be better then the Brembo GT500 combo?

My cost on one Brembo Caliper $466!!!!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all.

I bolted my wheels up to a 2009 gt500, there was about 1mm clearance from spoke to caliper, would you guys run a 1/8" spacer for added insurance? and....any idea if the Saleen/stoptech would be better then the Brembo GT500 combo?

My cost on one Brembo Caliper $466!!!!
The 2011 GT Brembos are almost half that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back