GT500 "build"

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
The 2010 GT500(coupe at least) is also supposed to handle a lot better btw. I really like the styling on the 2010's inside and out so if it were me, I'd definitely buy one.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, so the salesdude said my dealership (with whom I have a really good relationshiop: they treat me like royalty; free loaners for whatever I bring the car in) said they have no more allocation of GT500s, so even though it was confirmed that the last week to order a 2010 Mustang (of any flavor) is 2010 week 6, there's no guarantee that I could order a GT500 that late, and as I've said, they don't have an allocation for one.

However, they are receiving one from a small dealership in a small town that had no expectation of being able to sell it, and it arrrives sometime in Dec. I can't purchase it until end-Jan (when my promotion is confirmed; I've passed 2 hurdles, one left), so they'll require a $500 refundable deposit to hold it. Here are the specs:
Black, no stripes, HIDs, electronics package, Shelby car cover. Sticker (including gas guzzler tax): $51,270. I told them the wife wouldn't go for anything higher than $50, so the offer I have in hand is $49,990, which is only $1,290 more than with the HIDs only.

However, a different dealership, with whom I have no relationship (and no loaners), has 8, including a Kona blue with white stripes, HIDs and Shaker 1000: $49,955.

I'm kimda warming up to the idea of an all black GT500 though..inside and out. The electronics package is the dual climate control and the hard-drive based NAV.

Thoughts?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, so the salesdude said my dealership (with whom I have a really good relationshiop: they treat me like royalty; free loaners for whatever I bring the car in) said they have no more allocation of GT500s, so even though it was confirmed that the last week to order a 2010 Mustang (of any flavor) is 2010 week 6, there's no guarantee that I could order a GT500 that late, and as I've said, they don't have an allocation for one.

However, they are receiving one from a small dealership in a small town that had no expectation of being able to sell it, and it arrrives sometime in Dec. I can't purchase it until end-Jan (when my promotion is confirmed; I've passed 2 hurdles, one left), so they'll require a $500 refundable deposit to hold it. Here are the specs:
Black, no stripes, HIDs, electronics package, Shelby car cover. Sticker (including gas guzzler tax): $51,270. I told them the wife wouldn't go for anything higher than $50, so the offer I have in hand is $49,990, which is only $1,290 more than with the HIDs only.

However, a different dealership, with whom I have no relationship (and no loaners), has 8, including a Kona blue with white stripes, HIDs and Shaker 1000: $49,955.

I'm kimda warming up to the idea of an all black GT500 though..inside and out. The electronics package is the dual climate control and the hard-drive based NAV.

Thoughts?

I would get the black car if I were you. If that dealership has always treated you right paying what amounts to 35 more for the car is nothing.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just another option...how about a "used" 09 GT500 with 28 miles on it???

For the savings of 8k, you could do a hell of a lot of styling changes to make up for it not being exactly what you were looking for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...539QQitemZ110465283385QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Or an 08 with 1100 miles on it...grey too!

Yeah, I look at this eBay site about once a day! If I were to buy a used car, it would be from these folks...I have a cooleague at work that just bought a Mach 1 from them and his experience was a pleasant one (as far as dealing with car salespeople is "pleasant").

The more I look at the 2010, and more I learn about the std equipment and options, the more I want a 2010. The electronics package is the nav, but it's voice activated, has traffic, weather etc, emergency 911 calls, steering wheel activated bluetooth, 10 GB music hard drive, and dueal zone climate control. And I'm getting it and the car cover for $1200.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would get the black car if I were you. If that dealership has always treated you right paying what amounts to 35 more for the car is nothing.

It's basically done. My wife dropped a $500 check off with the salesdude today (same one I bought my 07 GT and my wife's 08 Exped EL from) to hold it until 1/31/2010. I have a feeling I'll be closing on it before then, though...
:partyguy::highfive::partyguy:
and I'm thinking of leaving it stock...but when I say that at home I get the following reaction from my wife:LMAO:
But seriously, the exhaust looks aftermarket already, the wheels are badass, it already come with a CAI, and I'm thinking it will be nice not to have to change plugs every 10k like I would if I changed the pulley and increased the boost/added a tune.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some pics as the car as configured: (the interior says cloth for the accents but comes with leather standard in front...all of our back seats are vynil or "corinthian leather")

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 2010 GT500(coupe at least) is also supposed to handle a lot better btw. I really like the styling on the 2010's inside and out so if it were me, I'd definitely buy one.

High probability that it's happening.

matt texass

Reaction score
Marc,

Just to stir the pot a little. http://www.gforce-tx.com/gallery/Mustang/TJ%27s_Cobra

gr_punch.gif

Kenne Bell 2.8H Mammoth @ 22 PSI
Off Road X-pipe
Ford Racing Stinger Cat Back
SCT Tune
Dyno Tech 1 Piece Driveshaft

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats, but I am sure you will find something to modify on it.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back