GT500 Dual Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram???

Switchback

Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram for the GT500 Dual Fuel Pump kit, my wiring in my 2010 doesn't match the instructions or the wiring on the fuel sender connector provided. I really don't want to unpin this twice to swap the wires if I don't guess right the first time.

GT500 harness sender wire colors: LB/YE + LG/VT
2010 GT sender wire colors: YE/VT + GN/BU

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The diagram isn't going to do much as the aftermarket frpp dual fuel pump kit uses a generic gt500 fuel system wiring diagram so as far as trying to match up colors its not going to really help. Luckily it is just a 50/50 shot and that's how I always treat it now due to vary wire colors over the years, don't even waste my time on that part. If the sender is not working right after install just got go swap wires.

On a side note, did you get a 2010 specific fuel sender on the hat? The resistance of the sender changed in in 2010 so a 05-09 wont work right anyway.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will be good to go then. Essentially there is high and low sender wire and its based on location in the plug would be another way to identify.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe it's been 7yrs since installed that pump .. Time flies ,,,,,

Not to jack the thread but it is time to R&R my pumps and delete the pressure valve thingy prepping for a turbo install.

Jeremy have you have any experience with the DW300 pumps and a BAP?? I've got a VMP splice in BAP and was planning on installing it and new pumps sometime this winter. I haven't seen much on whether those pumps last at 17vdc and pump gas ..

Switchback

Reaction score
On a side note, did you get a 2010 specific fuel sender on the hat? The resistance of the sender changed in in 2010 so a 05-09 wont work right anyway.

Yep, it's a 2010 unit. I was very careful to make sure to order the correct one because of that issue.

Switchback

Reaction score
I have the 2010 GT500 pumps, I'll post a pic ofthe hat when I get home this afternoon...

That would be sweet if you could do that, like I said earlier I'd really like to get it the first time instead of having to come back later and swap the wires.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe it's been 7yrs since installed that pump .. Time flies ,,,,,

Not to jack the thread but it is time to R&R my pumps and delete the pressure valve thingy prepping for a turbo install.

Jeremy have you have any experience with the DW300 pumps and a BAP?? I've got a VMP splice in BAP and was planning on installing it and new pumps sometime this winter. I haven't seen much on whether those pumps last at 17vdc and pump gas ..

Send it, the dw pumps are rated up to 18 volts.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That would be sweet if you could do that, like I said earlier I'd really like to get it the first time instead of having to come back later and swap the wires.

Yeah I got some stuff on the laptop I will send here when I get a chance.

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah I got some stuff on the laptop I will send here when I get a chance.
While you're at it can you shoot me one too?
I know you already did the connector swap for me but I fubar'd the connector seal and I had to replace it with a Walbro 405. If I ever go back to a GT500 hat, I want to give the dual fpdm setup a try.

Back