gt500 install?

edyuly

Reaction score
whats up guys . Can I install a gt500 hood without changing the front bumper? if so will it look any good

blacknlte

Reaction score
dont think so, think you pretty much need the whole front bumper assymble
gal-497-p-1-large.jpg

Brent011-1.jpg

Last edited:

echoinsilence

forum member
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't, if the GT500 front bumper will fit with the stock hood I don't see why the GT500 hood wouldn't fit with the stock bumper. I'm not sure how it would look though, I don't think it'd look too bad.

edyuly

Reaction score
Yeah I can get a great deal on a gt500 hood same color as mine black but not sure if it will work or not.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it's a great deal then go ahead and pick it up. Worst case it sits in the garage until you get the money for the bumper assembly (and the rest of the parts, because if I remember correctly there is quite a bit more that goes along with the conversion)

blacknlte

Reaction score
If it's a great deal then go ahead and pick it up. Worst case it sits in the garage until you get the money for the bumper assembly (and the rest of the parts, because if I remember correctly there is quite a bit more that goes along with the conversion)

yea, also wasnt there someone that did the swap and bought all the parts from Ford or he worked at a dealership? i remember reading something like that

echoinsilence

forum member
Reaction score
yea, also wasnt there someone that did the swap and bought all the parts from Ford or he worked at a dealership? i remember reading something like that

yeah I think he added up the cost and it ended up being a little cheaper than just buyin one of the conversion kits, I'll see if I can find a link.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the hood is a bit shorter so it wont look right on a GT front end.

I got all my stuff from ford for about 1200.

edyuly

Reaction score
I just installed it. It fits just had to move 2 holes on the bumper a 1/4 inch back so the hood would not hit the bumper.I think it looks good. I dont know how to put pictures on here but i can send you images if you guys want.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have to host the image @ photbucket/image shack etc

the use the code:

with the URL of the pic in the middle

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back