GT500 upper strut mount camber Q.

SalSnyder

Reaction score
Mostly stock 2014 GT here. I installed GT500 upper strut mounts on 09 Koni reds with stock springs. The Konis drop the front an inch or so because Roadkill I guess. Anyway, the GT500 mounts and the Konis give it visible negative camber which I'd like to correct. I understand that flipping the GT500 mounts to point the arrow the other way will eliminate negative camber so my question is: How much? Does anybody know how much camber change flipping the GT500 mounts will give me? I don't want to go to the trouble of flipping the mounts only to end up with positive camber, especially in light of the stock springs, which don't really qualify as lowered. Thanks.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It will keep the alignment close to factory rotating the mounts. In my experience on my 12 the 05-09 struts lower the car alittle more than 11-14 struts. I check my alignment after strut changes and its always in the green just rotating the mounts.

SalSnyder

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll get a pro alignment but I know that if I can see my negative camber with the naked eye it's not close. I'm fighting a tramlining problem and hoping that getting down closer to 0 degrees will help.

MrBhp

Reaction score
My tramlining issues were caused by improper alignment. Bad enough to eat the tires away in 6k miles. I thought it was negative camber. I brought the car to a shop that specializes in road course cars and they schooled me on front end geometry. They said it was a bad toe adjustment that was causing the majority of tracking and scrubbing problems. I really didn't buy their story, but they came highly recommended. I let them set it up as they preferred. Went from -1.5 camber to -2.75 camber. The car drives great now, but I totally expected to be buying another set of tires soon. 20k miles later and the tires look to be wearing just fine. It still follows heavy surface grooving, but not excessively.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I have seen camber wear out tires that quickly, but never Toe settings. If the Toe was that bad you would clearly see the front tires either point in or out but if the experts say so…

Just keep an eye on it and get it rechecked in a few thousand miles.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Improper toe will kill a set of tires quickly. I have lot more negative camber than was present when the first set of tires were trashed.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I set toe close to zero with a carpenters tape measure. 15 years and nary an issue

Wolf302

Reaction score
Might be a little different as I have cc plates but using a digital angle finder and a long straight edge along the wheel you can dial in camber with some trial and error. Compared my adjustments before and after with an alignment check at a shop and it was within .1 deg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back