GT500 Mufflers on 2012...

Dracconix

forum member
Reaction score
I have searched, but come up empty.

Did / Does the 2012 GT come stock with GT500 exhaust? I recently installed Flowmaster ABs and when I removed the stock mufflers, a band on them said "SVT" and had a part number that referenced the GT500 mufflers (according to a google search).

Now here is the kicker... I bought the car used. I have tried to track down the previous owner, but dealerships are a little reluctant to share the info (understandable).

Any ideas???

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like he put gt500 mufflers on it.

Do you have a copy of the car title? The previous owner should be listed on there.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and will confirm they do not come with gt500 mufflers. You got a 350 dollar bonus.

Dracconix

forum member
Reaction score
Score.... just got off the phone with the original owner (who actually ordered the car).

Upgrades include...

GT500 Mufflers - Sounded good, but a little quiet for me. May go back on when I install the Lethal ORH. Also has the stock ones in his garage. Said I could have them.

All speakers replaced with Infinity Kappa (except for the subs)

Boss Shift knob sitting at his house as well. Can have when I pick up the mufflers.

McClane

forum member
Reaction score
GT500 Axlebacks and OR H pipe is the best sounding combination out there IMO.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The GT500 mufflers may sound good but they're ugly. Why Ford didn't put double walled tips on them like the older GTAs and GTBs is beyond me. FTL!!

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
The GT500 mufflers may sound good but they're ugly. Why Ford didn't put double walled tips on them like the older GTAs and GTBs is beyond me. FTL!!

Aw man I love the look of straight pipes the 500s give! Screams old school five oh! Just paint the can part black and it looks even better!

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
I have been watching the videos on youtube and really fixing to pull that trigger and get them.

Same here. I think for now all I'm going to do is the gt500 mufflers and remove the resonators. I'm not sold on the offroad pipes yet because these cars seem so much louder than Mustangs in the past. I want a nice deep rumble that sounds good, not some super loud NASCAR. haha.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Same here. I think for now all I'm going to do is the gt500 mufflers and remove the resonators. I'm not sold on the offroad pipes yet because these cars seem so much louder than Mustangs in the past. I want a nice deep rumble that sounds good, not some super loud NASCAR. haha.

I'm with ya on this! I'm gonna do the Corsa axelbacks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back