Guage cluster swap 2005 to 2018?

Theinvisi-stang

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

First post, I have a motor out of an 18 GT i'm going to be installing into my car, and I want to order a guage cluster for it because it has the original PCM and wiring from Ford, so theoretically it should work properly with some help programming at my local ford dealership (Odometer, PATs, etc.), what i want to know is what kind of modification will be needed to install a 2018+ cluster into my stock 2005 dash? Will it fit right in with no modification? Do i need to have a bracket made for it? Is the cluster the same size? Does anyone have any ideas on this at all? I think it should be possible, just wanted to get ideas on how to accomplish the install before I go and buy a cluster off eBay or craigslist, lol.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
It is not a direct bolt in.
The bezel also will not.fit.
*Info provided based on my attempt to install a 2013 cluster into mine*

Theinvisi-stang

Reaction score
Ok so the dash or dash trim would need to be cut/dremeled for it to fit? I figured that might be the case, luckily i'm replacing the whole dash due to severe damage to the top of it so I can experiment with the old dash.

Scott88

Reaction score
I did this exact thing with a 2005 and 2018. I had to cut both the dash and Guage cluster to make it fit. It's roughly the same size, so nothing severe, but the angles and connection points are different.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back