H&R coilovers?

akS197

whiteonred
Reaction score
They do and no prob. Once i put pics up of my car everyone was like "wtf is wrong with you, it not a civic"

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I guess a lot of people find a lowered mustang offensive.

No, a lot of people find ignorance and wasting money offensive. :idea:

If you want it by all means spend the money, personally I couldn't see justifying the kind of money it would take to not completely wear out your entire suspension.

cragar

Reaction score
Same here, I find ignorance quite offensive too! HR makes plenty of coilover kits, I have seen some with a MINIMUM of 3" drop. Have you every actually had a vehicle that was lowered? And I'm not talking about 1". I don't find any creedence to peoples remarks about lowered vehicles handling like crap, when they've never owned one. Have any of you seen pictures of old Trans Am racing, and what those cars look like. Whatever...............such a waste of time.

People blabbing about what they've heard from other people, who are do the same. Just cuz you don't like it, doesn't mean its worse than your style.

I'm gonna half to replace my whole suspension after getting coilovers.....ya right. Its called an alignment kit......and the rear is a solid axle........which mean.....an adjustable upper control arm.

06FMGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ground Control Coilovers for me. I like a stiff car so coilover suspension was a must for me plus adjustibility.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Same here, I find ignorance quite offensive too!

LOL.

HR makes plenty of coilover kits, I have seen some with a MINIMUM of 3" drop.

You're right; there's only ONE suspension design and it's universal to all makes and models.

Have you every actually had a vehicle that was lowered? And I'm not talking about 1".
Yes, I have.

I don't find any creedence to peoples remarks about lowered vehicles handling like crap, when they've never owned one.
My CreedEnce is in the tape deck.

Have any of you seen pictures of old Trans Am racing, and what those cars look like.
Yeah, they're low. Damn...why didn't I think of that. Hey fucktard, see comment #2.

Whatever...............such a waste of time.
I'm only here cause I've been drinking, believe me.

People blabbing about what they've heard from other people, who are do the same.
All your base are belong to us!

Just cuz you don't like it, doesn't mean its worse than your style.
Just 'cause you like it and don't know any better doesn't mean it works well.

:wtf:

Congratulations on being not only the ignorant one, but the first person I can EVER recall calling a fucktard on the internet. Please forgive us, for obviously you have had extensive track time, have been taken Vehicle Dynamics, studied suspension geometry and are an instructor at a race course (cause I can guarantee just about everyone here everyone here who's tried to help you out can claim at least one, of not more, of the above accomplishments).With an attitude like that I think you're beyond educating...and why did you ask the question if you already knew the only acceptable answer? Run on back to the Corral and get your pats on the back for lowering your CoG so much...

Last edited:

cragar

Reaction score
Did any of you actually read my question that started this thread? Maybe you should have a read.

I don't believe it read....."Hey guys, what do you think about me lowering my car?"

No, I was asking for people, who actually have coilovers, for pics and 'their' opinion.

Not some biased, conservative, dork's opinion.

Anyway, you needn't respond anymore......I fully understand your position on lowering a vehicle.

And in case you didn't get it yet, I really don't give a shit about you opinion, just those who have coilovers.

cragar

Reaction score
oh and coilovers are so expensive, ya right........a whopping $400 more maximum than springs and struts.......wow I'm sure you've guys spent way more money on your mustangs than that. And the coilovers are adjustable.!

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
oh and coilovers are so expensive, ya right........a whopping $400 more maximum than springs and struts.......wow I'm sure you've guys spent way more money on your mustangs than that. And the coilovers are adjustable.!

save some money and just cut your springs in half !:loser2:

Last edited:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
like SoundguyDave stated... its all about the suspension geometry.

YES, you're right... RACE CARS WITH COMPLETELY REDONE SUSPENSION are extremely low to the ground because they were BUILT with that in mind

our mass produced mustangs are not meant to be "slammed" and still handle good, due to the suspension geometry being way off.

i've had a slammed 240, civic and wrx... each one handled like shit until i raised it up and corrected the geometry.

my WRX used to be hardly an inch off the ground, but the suspension geometry was so messed up it would understeer like a pig and handle bumps very poorly.

i raised it up and the suspension geometry was corrected... along with a few other tweaks

if you really think getting an "alignment" is going to fix your geometry, then i pity you.

You've made it quite clear that you don't understand the complexities of a vehicles suspension.

PS... in regards to your comment about spelling, you've made quite a few errors yourself. it's the internet, get over it.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Guys, I think we all missed the big picture here... Cragar has gone to the wrong sub-forum, has acknowledged that, and then apologised. We SHOULD have been done with it at that point.

Unfortunately, in his eyes, everybody that *doesn't* want to slam their cars is apparently style-deficient, and intolerant of all others... Sigh. It's really obvious that he's in the wrong place. Around here, we are MUCH more about function than form. Yeah, we all like to keep our cars looking nice, but our emphasis is on handling to the exclusion of other things.

And yes, Grand Am cars are purpose-built from the ground up, and "lowered" quite a bit. They are NOT production-based, however. If you want to "slam" the car, and keep your angles together, there are a number of ways to do it properly. First, use dropped spindles. There are billet pieces available out there that will drop 2-1/2" with no geometry changes. Second, relocate ALL of the rear suspension chassis-side mounting points. Fabricate a new rear floor section, add a crossmember for the third-link mount, and have the interior space to let the mount stick up about 6" above the current floor level. Repeat for the lower arms and PHB mounts. Simple.

That, however, in Cragar's case, probably would interfere with the design of the kicker box and capacitor bank to power the gigawatt stereo.

Guys, just let it go. When he grows up, he'll figure out what interpersonal relationships are really about.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
save some money and just cut your springs in half !

Agreed... it's obvious Crager is not here to improve the cornering performance of his s197, but rather looks.... and there is nothing wrong with that... to each his own...
But... instead of spending 900.00+ on coil-overs for looks and a shitty ride, he could just get the springs cut and have the looks and the same shitty ride. :idea:

He can then add this emblem to complete the look
gtr_emblem_600_400_01.jpg

Reaction score
Apparently you haven't heard of a 'lower center of gravity'.....2.7" is not a lot when the car sits half a foot of the ground.

And no....its not for bling, I don't think the coilovers come in chrome.

LMFAO

I can let go the possible misled word choices, but it was WHO you said it to that made it an instant classic.

Congratulations! You have just joined the "Random Asshole seal of approval." Join the club. We meet every Friday night at the local tavern and -block our friends for the sheer comedic value.
I've got a knack for coming off the wrong way, myself. So much that I should try to find a career in it, cause I'd make millions.

No hard feelins, we all make mistakes. lol. Just remember this is a big boy forum.

There are too many rediculous things said in this thread. Too many for me to even justify spending time picking it apart. So I'll pick one. RACE CARS ARE SPECIFICALLY BUILT TO BE THAT LOW AND THEY WOULDN'T FARE WELL ON THE STREETS. Take a look at the Cadillac CTS-V race cars. There is no way you can drop a street caddy that low without cutting the rocker panels down. (among other things listed by sgDave)

If you want mad drop, but don't wanna destroy your ride quality and enjoyment of your car...has anyone suggested AIR SUSPENSION! I've dropped my car with a eibach-pro kit and shorter tires and I scrape ALL THE TIME. So much that I almost hate driving it in the city. In order to get over those 4 foot long speed bumps, I have to ride the clutch and the brake to got at a controlled .2mph. (and still barely scrape the mid muffler clamps)
I can't even get the car up in the air without running over a phone book first. Keep in mind this is only like a 1.3 inch drop (plus maybe .3-4in with the tires?)

How fast can you adjust a coil over suspension? Are you going to get out in the rain and adjust your ride height just trying to get into a parking garage? Lookup air-ride technologies or something.

I'm gonna have a couple beers and forget this thread existed. Useless.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a couple beers and forget this thread existed. Useless.

Not entirely...the phone book tip was a nice bit-o-tech that I'm going to use. I'm not sure exactly how much lower I am in front (somewhere between 1-1.5"?) but if a fly lands on my hood I can't get my jack under the front end..and phone books, theoretically at least, have some utilitarian value when not used as a wheel ramp!

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
well I dont think you should lower your car see what happens when you lower the s197 is that....

Just kidding!!!
I just wanted to get your blood going seem's very easy to do...

but yeah the tire size you are planning on buying is not the right size you wanna go with uhmm...

Just kidding!!!
I just wanted to get your blood going again!!!

seriously dude if you get so worked over some response there are a couple threads you might wanna stay away from they might cause you a panic attack for example:

your next thread!

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
Congratulations! You have just joined the "Random Asshole seal of approval." Join the club. We meet every Friday night at the local tavern and -block our friends for the sheer comedic value.

Its true, he walks around yelling lines like, "There he is, trying to get some Asian poon!" Asshole.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
phone book tip is good. I have to drive the fronts up a taper cut 2 x 6's to get a jack under the thing. I will carry another phone book now. (One is already in it) :clap:

Back