Has anybody ever broke the shifter/tranny linkage thingy..

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
Dont know the exact name for it, but its the link that goes from the shifter to the tranny. Broke one of the studs (over torqued it while install of a new shifter) and found out local parts store don't carry this item so im hopeing Dealership parts department will be open tomorrown and hopefully they'll have it in stock.

Attachments

• sfter.JPG
    sfter.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 48

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yes, I broke mine and several others have. I was installing my clutch when I found out it was broken and barely hanging on. Here's the bad news though, you cannot buy this piece from Ford. This piece has to be bought with an OEM shifter.

Now you have two options at this point. Option one is to drill it and install a new bolt through it which is what I did and many others. No problem and it's the easiest/fastest. Option Two is to buy an OEM shifter from NTO (NewTakeoff.com) or the dealer. NTO sells them for $50 which is a steal compared to ~$200-300 from the dealer.

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt_shift_linkage_2005-2008_manual_transmission.aspx

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I broke mine and several others have. I was installing my clutch when I found out it was broken and barely hanging on. Here's the bad news though, you cannot buy this piece from Ford. This piece has to be bought with an OEM shifter.

Now you have two options at this point. Option one is to drill it and install a new bolt through it which is what I did and many others. No problem and it's the easiest/fastest. Option Two is to buy an OEM shifter from NTO (NewTakeoff.com) or the dealer. NTO sells them for $50 which is a steal compared to ~$200-300 from the dealer.

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt_shift_linkage_2005-2008_manual_transmission.aspx

Man this sucks! Thanks alot for the info, guess i'll drill a new bolt through it.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Yea broke mine after I replaced my clutch so I rewelded it and threw it back in...

TexStang

Reaction score
Broke the threads off... I ended up drilling and tapping what was left, and put a bolt in it. Works perfect and shouldnt strip/break near as easy next time

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back