Have you seen the new steeda wheel?

rayS197

Reaction score
The 20x11 black wheel is only $299 each. I think that's actually pretty reasonable for a 20 inch rim.

Obviously, most people are looking for a larger rim than stock, and that's why we offer at least an 18 inch rim. Plus they allow for fitment of larger brake packages than a 17 would allow for. The chrome 20 inch rim only weighs 31lbs, so we did try and keep performance an issue somewhat with those rims. Most 20's weigh a lot more than that.

I don't think 20 inch rims classify as "donk" sizes, especially for the S197 cars, where my 18x10 rims look small. However, the beauty of choice is that if you don't like something, you don't buy them.:beerdrink:

point taken. the wheel wells of the s197 will swallow some wheels. I dont think I have seen a 10.50 car with 20"s on it. A larger brake option for the front maybe but a 17 x 10, 11 will fit the rear.

blacknlte

Reaction score
the ones that our on mine
20x9 & 20x10
l_7cb29702f5fd47ba9eaea2392d30ae12.jpg

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't Steeda stop calling a 29lb 18 x 9.5" wheel an Ultra-Lite?

A set of 18 x 9.5 or wider forged wheels in the 21-22lb range should be available for people serious about ultra high performance.

Yes they would cost some money but coming from a company that sells a $3,300 front brake kit it wouldn't be a strech.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
you want a light forged wheel?? buy bbs, rays, ccw. now be ready to pay 2.4k+ Rays volk 18x9.5 19lbs each, bbs 18x10 19.9 lbs each

None of those have the right offset for our cars,some might have close but none of them will sit good without spacers.They are import oriented company mainly euro cars(especially bbs)OZ too but they go more to the ricy side.Altough the are rally good performance wheels all of them have the litle spoke design and they are ugly as shit!Before I buy my wheels the only companys that make the right offset for our cars other than the oficial for tuners like saleen,shelby roush,foos etc.,are KV,TSW,TOXIC WHEELS-Defiance and the R brand knock offs

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
None of those have the right offset for our cars,some might have close but none of them will sit good without spacers.They are import oriented company mainly euro cars(especially bbs)OZ too but they go more to the ricy side.Altough the are rally good performance wheels all of them have the litle spoke design and they are ugly as shit!Before I buy my wheels the only companys that make the right offset for our cars other than the oficial for tuners like saleen,shelby roush,foos etc.,are KV,TSW,TOXIC WHEELS-Defiance and the R brand knock offs
BBS RS-GT do have the proper offset for our cars but they're $3,600.
Fikse 18x10's can be had for $4,400 which is what the cup cars were using.

I would build my shortblock and upgrade to 14" Wilwoods before doing that.
I could also call Rich Bogart for a custom set of roadrace wheels also if I was ready to spend the $$$ and probably still come out ahead.

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score

They do have the right offset since you can order them directly with your specific offset. Hell tirerack sells them in 40-50mm offset. Each one carries over 100 different models to choose from. Anyways... Perfect keep paying high $$$$ for non forged wheels if you want some real light weight/forged racing wheels that are those are the ones to go with. Or you can go with some bogarts that you can't use @ the streets or end up with a 30 lbs per rim 18'' wheel like most right now. IMHO the ccw/bbs wheels look killer on our cars.

Andrew

Last edited:

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Why is the market pushing these big ass wheels on everyone? Not everyone wants a DONK show car. Buy a truck if you want big wheels. I would think that Steeda being into aftermarket parts for racing would offer something suitable for racing. How about Steeda being the first to make a nice set of 17 x 10 or something.

Wow, AMEN! And I thought it was just me anymore thinking this way!!!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe Raceline is making 17x10 for mustangs now, I am very tempted to get a set even though they are not my favorite wheel.

rayS197

Reaction score
I believe Raceline is making 17x10 for mustangs now, I am very tempted to get a set even though they are not my favorite wheel.

Raceline and billet specialties will make a set of 17 x 10's. $400 a wheel. the issue for me is a street tire with the right sidewall height for a 17. A DR for the back will work but I wouldnt want to get caught in the rain with that setup.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw them on lethal performance's website under 05-09 mustangs so I just assumed they were correct for our car. I will have to check into this a little more.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Yeah that wheel is a knock off, it is round. Chevy rips off ford too, what with making cars with doors and engines. We did it first Chevy.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
I like Steeda's new wheel. All black 20X11" and 20X8.5 or 9" sounds killer. Is the all black wheel gloss or matte black?

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
i had the same issue you guys did i wanted some 18's that were pretty light weight with the perfect offset and not to expensive so I contacted Rota and they made mine the perfect offset and they look really good and the offset is amazing ill try and get yall some pictures, there 18x10 rears and 18x9 fronts and they were only about 1k shipped from china lol took about a month to get them via boat lol, Rota is kind of a tuner wheel but i couldnt give two shits.

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
i had the same issue you guys did i wanted some 18's that were pretty light weight with the perfect offset and not to expensive so I contacted Rota and they made mine the perfect offset and they look really good and the offset is amazing ill try and get yall some pictures, there 18x10 rears and 18x9 fronts and they were only about 1k shipped from china lol took about a month to get them via boat lol, Rota is kind of a tuner wheel but i couldnt give two shits.

I think your wheels look damn good on your car :thumb:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back