Head to Head: Camaro 1LE vs. Mustang GT Performance Pack

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, that price is just D-U-M-B stupid. Our PP Recaro GT was $32K
Sorry to call you out, but that's just not true. The MSRP of a base GT is $32,100. The magazines don't report some ridiculous price paid by a buyer that got a hookup, they use MSRP.
Code:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Sorry to call you out, but that's just not true. The MSRP of a base GT is $32,100. The magazines don't report some ridiculous price paid by a buyer that got a hookup, they use MSRP.
Code:

A-Plan

And A-Plan (Or X Plan) is not a "hookup". Shit, I don't know anyone that doesn't get it. Well, at least in Michigan.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
A-Plan

And A-Plan (Or X Plan) is not a "hookup". Shit, I don't know anyone that doesn't get it. Well, at least in Michigan.

Shit, there's a Ford dealer down the street from me that ADVERTISES prices BELOW their cost.

They actually offer you part of the dealer holdback... And that's their asking price. No room for or need for negotiation lol.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Shit, there's a Ford dealer down the street from me that ADVERTISES prices BELOW their cost.

They actually offer you part of the dealer holdback... And that's their asking price. No room for or need for negotiation lol.
which one?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Gmitch, if you got a 2015 GT with recaros and the pp for that price, I want the name of your dealer and salesman! Lol

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score

Gmitch, if you got a 2015 GT with recaros and the pp for that price, I want the name of your dealer and salesman! Lol

Not all dealerships offer these types of deals. Most places you still have to haggle to the last dime.
Chip, very true!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Not all dealerships offer these types of deals. Most places you still have to haggle to the last dime.
Chip, very true!

My sales guy is in the top 2% of sellers in the US. We're friends too. I help him work on his rock crawlers and he plays with the Mustang stuff with us for fun. Between me, my family and a LOT of my friends we buy a LOT of vehicles. Just this year he sold 7 F-150 FX4 EcoBoosts to friends of mine that drove my truck.

And I get A-plan, which makes things easy.

Super easy deals, no playing around.

I'll be getting my GT350 through him for sure. And I'm hoping to be in a F-250/350 Screw long bed maybe FX4, maybe Platinum, diesel of course with all the trimmings for 2017. Something to tow a 28' enclosed.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Gmitch: Who is the A Plan or X Plan typically offered to? Like at BMW we have employee pricing and "Friends and Family" which is bullshit anyway bc half the time if you want to take the time and haggle and back and forth you will end up getting "friends and family" pricing anyway if not better. That's just through our dealer group. A Plan and X Plan sounds like a Ford thing. BMW has Employee pricing and that's it. They used to let you extend employee pricing to family members. But they stopped, now the employees name has to be on the deal. Everything else is left up to the dealer and customer to work out. Can one just walk in and say "I want to see A Plan pricing, and that's what I'll buy the car for or I'm going somewhere else." Or do you have to "qualify" for these plans somehow? Just curious because I'm interested in the GT350 as well in a few years and they will undoubtedly be around 60k + and if Ford has these plans that I could save a substantial amount with I want to be ready for when that time comes. I don't want my over eagerness to get that car get the best of me a cost me money I didn't need to spend. Like it most likely did 1.5 years ago when I got my GT since I wasn't aware of said pricing haha. My car stickered for 36,095. It's a GT with premium a manual trans and NO other add-ons and I paid 33k for it OTD. And got 1.9% financing and thought I did ok haha. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

claudermilk

Reaction score
X-Plan is "Friends and Family" You can also get it through AAA, Sam's Club, or CostCo membership (and probably other similar deals). For me, aside from the pricing part of the benefit is going through the fleet sales guys who are really low-key and don't work on commission at my dealership. So none of the haggling crap. I have better things to do with my time.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Its a good thing I work for Roush in Arizona , they just give me the A plan

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Chip, very true!

It's all about how much volume they sell.

The dealership I was referencing is literally the largest volume dealer in the USA for F-150s. Not even kidding, they advertise the shit out of it. As such, they can sell for lower prices than everyone else because they sell more. It's a vicious cycle, but awesome for everyone.

That's one of the reasons I don't really like dealing with small dealerships. You might get a deal on a car that would normally be in super high demand, like a GT500, GT350, or something like that. Those usually sell for a premium. But for something like a truck or a large production volume vehicle, big dealers are the place to go.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Gmitch: Who is the A Plan or X Plan typically offered to? Like at BMW we have employee pricing and "Friends and Family" which is bullshit anyway bc half the time if you want to take the time and haggle and back and forth you will end up getting "friends and family" pricing anyway if not better. That's just through our dealer group. A Plan and X Plan sounds like a Ford thing. BMW has Employee pricing and that's it. They used to let you extend employee pricing to family members. But they stopped, now the employees name has to be on the deal. Everything else is left up to the dealer and customer to work out. Can one just walk in and say "I want to see A Plan pricing, and that's what I'll buy the car for or I'm going somewhere else." Or do you have to "qualify" for these plans somehow? Just curious because I'm interested in the GT350 as well in a few years and they will undoubtedly be around 60k + and if Ford has these plans that I could save a substantial amount with I want to be ready for when that time comes. I don't want my over eagerness to get that car get the best of me a cost me money I didn't need to spend. Like it most likely did 1.5 years ago when I got my GT since I wasn't aware of said pricing haha. My car stickered for 36,095. It's a GT with premium a manual trans and NO other add-ons and I paid 33k for it OTD. And got 1.9% financing and thought I did ok haha. Guess I was wrong.
A-plan is employee/family pricing.
X-plan is friends pricing (which is just about everyone in MI)

There will be no A/X pricing on GT350's. And the only way to get one at retail will be to order one and have it built. If you buy it from dealer stock you will pay the dealer markup.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Disappointed that the GT PP couldnt match the 1LE. But sounds like the car is way better than the last S197 they had tested

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
A-plan is employee/family pricing.
X-plan is friends pricing (which is just about everyone in MI)

There will be no A/X pricing on GT350's. And the only way to get one at retail will be to order one and have it built. If you buy it from dealer stock you will pay the dealer markup.

i dont believe they do a/x plans on SVT cars/trucks. i couldnt get A plan to come up on a gt500 at least.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
i dont believe they do a/x plans on SVT cars/trucks. i couldnt get A plan to come up on a gt500 at least.
Correct, no A/X plans on the current SVT stuff. I did get A plan on my Terminator back in the day though.

I expect I will pay retail for a GT350. As long as it's not over retail I guess I can live with that.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
My sales guy is in the top 2% of sellers in the US. We're friends too. I help him work on his rock crawlers and he plays with the Mustang stuff with us for fun. Between me, my family and a LOT of my friends we buy a LOT of vehicles. Just this year he sold 7 F-150 FX4 EcoBoosts to friends of mine that drove my truck.

And I get A-plan, which makes things easy.

Super easy deals, no playing around.

I'll be getting my GT350 through him for sure. And I'm hoping to be in a F-250/350 Screw long bed maybe FX4, maybe Platinum, diesel of course with all the trimmings for 2017. Something to tow a 28' enclosed.

That's awesome to have friends like that!
I seem to not have any in the car business:)
especially when I do a trade in ):

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
It sucks because the BMW dealership I work for is part of Asbury Automotive Group and we have stores all over the country. But when I got my GT 1.5 years ago I was going to go through one of our Ford stores in NC. But since I don't work at a Ford store I couldn't get employee pricing even though they were part of our group. And since it was a new car they couldn't bring it up to my BMW store and sell through my work I would have to do negotiations over the phone with them. And sign paperwork via FedEx back and forth. Plus I had a trade and that was more of pain in the ass. I said fuck it left early one day and went down the street to the local Ford dealer and left with a car that day. I thought being part of a national dealer group would have more incentives but I was wrong. If I was looking at a used car it would be no problem at I could just have it shipped up to my store and buy it at 500 over cost and done deal. Not the case with new cars if other brand

Last edited:

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
An easy way to get X Plan is to join Mustang Club of America. $35 membership gets you X plan, and on the car I specced out the savings were over $2000.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I still dont get how they make a car slower then the previous year.. asses.. I mean really.. they knew what the 1/4 mile times were.. would it have killed them to add in 10-15 more hp to at least make up for the weight..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back