Help diagnosee car shut off please

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Earlier this week I wrote a tread about a few issues with the car. One of those issues s pertained to the car shutting off while driving. I thought I fixed it when I recrimped a broken power wire for my gt500 pumps. All was good from there but today my car did this again on the freeay :(. I looked through all the wires again and everything seems to be good. I would like to know anyones opinions as to how this could be happeneing just throw out some possible issues so I can narrow things down.

If this helps, ij noticed the 4 times that it died happened after I pressed on the gas harder to raise the rpm to get my auto trans to shift and right when it shifts, I release the gas to ease it through the gear. Once its shifts and I let go, the car got quiet and I just watched the rpm drop to 0. My transmission seems fine so I doubt the trans would be broken. I've had the jdm trans tune for a while now and its never happened so I'm weary of it being the transmission tiunes fault.

Could it be spark plugs? Injectors? Anything would help.. I'm also afraid my fuel pump may be out, could that be it? How do we diagnose a blown pump?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

ixtlan

Reaction score
Did it stumble a little before shutdown?
If so Fuel is most likely cause.

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
i did not notice any stumble before it shut off. I always let off the gas for it to shift to the next gear easier and once i let off, it died.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back