Help me price my car

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I havent decided if I am going to sell it or not but if I do what is your opinion on the value.

2005 Black GT Premium -26,000 miles - NEVER on a race track
KB 2.4
JDM Stroker
Kooks LT
GT500 pumps
Tremec T-56 with Hurst GTO short throw
Spec 3+
Eaton True Trac - new
Moser Axles - new
Saleen Watts Link
Steeda adj. Front Sway bar
Tokico adj. struts
Steeda springs
Steeda adj. UCA
Metco LCAs and relo brackets - new
GT500 Brakes
CTR wheels

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting just cant think right now.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I do sell it I'm just buying a Z06. C/H/I and some basic suspension. 5-6k bucks and nothing can touch you. versus the money ive thrown in this thing

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
You've put so much into the car already, you should keep it. Sounds like a beast.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Look up the price of the car on Kelly Blue Book. Then add no more than $100 per $1000 you have spent on mods. Take about $500 off of the total of that... and that is realistically about what it is going to sell for. UNLESS you get lucky and find that exact person that is looking for exactly what you own.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats the going rate 10% on mods...even built cars...ugh. thanks hawg, well sort of thanks i think

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I do sell it I'm just buying a Z06. C/H/I and some basic suspension. 5-6k bucks and nothing can touch you. versus the money ive thrown in this thing
Had a guy just trade in his GT500 for a 2006 Z06...I think I'd rather have the GT500. He had it for 2 months and hated it.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I had my car appraised for insurance coverage. They took the retail cost of all the parts, less any labor, and depreciated the parts at the same rate as my car. You might want to use the same math to set your "asking price", and go from there.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats an idea. i have mine insured for full value as a show car. i can ask him (agent) what it would work out to if we didnt insure it like that.

bingo - i assure you i wont have that problem with a z06. reality is i will probably end up buying a z06 and keep the car, but we will just have to wait and see. im just really up in the air about it. btw the way where are you in SE PA?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bingo - i assure you i wont have that problem with a z06. reality is i will probably end up buying a z06 and keep the car, but we will just have to wait and see. im just really up in the air about it. btw the way where are you in SE PA?
I'm in Lower Bucks.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
got ya, im not too far. lansdale area. maybe we'll see you around

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just in Lansdale today. :beer:

I'll keep a look out for a fellow black Mustang with CTR wheels. :thumb:

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds good...i'm out of town till memorial day weekend. hoping it will be good weather as i will be driving the crap out of it if it is

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you keep the car Mike. I remember it well. We met at JDM a while back. Junior introduced us. Good like with the sale, it is a really nice car, I saw it up close and personal.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back