2008 Stage 3 ROUSH - Rebirth...

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, ok.

No more track days on the horizon?

Nope. :(

Not until April or May of next year... Conditions too wet.

I got it stuck in my head that the car feels less powerful... lol
Although I haven't been able to floor it through a full gear. lol
I just gauged it that it would not break the tires loose on a wet road in 3rd gear from 2K-3.5K... lol
(I made up that standard)

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
For $100 ID will test flow, clean, and retest. Standard service; in addition to replace all the o-rings.
Okay, that may be worth it then. Im just getting really weary of them lately. For $100 I may send them in and check it out.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Don't you guys have a piece of road where you can really open it up, that I would like more than any dyno.

Not really. All my tuning is done with 2nd gear pulls until I get to a dyno or track. Tracks are all shut down due to wet weather. It usually dries up in July, lol, really, lol. A third gear pull could mean mandatory jail time. The local judge has a bad reputation for excess speed cases, his daughter died as a result of street racers and he shows no mercy.

There is a dynapack in Everett. I have no set plans to go right now. Didn't know you had a bad experience Gerald. As I understand it MSC now has a relationship with lito. The dyno is very repeatable, even if it is a dynojet. Cam is fairly knowledgeable when it comes to motor stuff. I've seen him tuning stand alone vehicles before. This is without value files to start with which really throws a wrench into the whole procedure.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Not really. All my tuning is done with 2nd gear pulls until I get to a dyno or track. Tracks are all shut down due to wet weather. It usually dries up in July, lol, really, lol. A third gear pull could mean mandatory jail time. The local judge has a bad reputation for excess speed cases, his daughter died as a result of street racers and he shows no mercy.

There is a dynapack in Everett. I have no set plans to go right now. Didn't know you had a bad experience Gerald. As I understand it MSC now has a relationship with lito. The dyno is very repeatable, even if it is a dynojet. Cam is fairly knowledgeable when it comes to motor stuff. I've seen him tuning stand alone vehicles before. This is without value files to start with which really throws a wrench into the whole procedure.

Stand alones is a walk on the park, lol.

You need to start doing at least 3rd gear runs.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They did return the 4 that were replaced. I guess I have 4 spares now.
I wish they would have given me an option to repair or rebuild them.

They weren't broke and dont need repaired. Those 4 injectors can be paired up with another 4 that flow similiar and will be just fine. The most you can do is replace the pre filter basket and o rings.

Sell them on ebay, some dude with a 4 banger will snatch them up.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for people who can't at least do a few pulls a year in 3rd on the road for tuning, but completely understand. I just end up out at my acreage - leave the house around 7:00 AM, and everything is completely deserted for miles. You still have to worry about animals. Lots of moose out there now...

Can't believe you can get much useful data from WOT 2nd gear pulls!

slb

forum member
Reaction score
There is a dynapack in Everett. I have no set plans to go right now. Didn't know you had a bad experience Gerald. As I understand it MSC now has a relationship with lito. The dyno is very repeatable, even if it is a dynojet. Cam is fairly knowledgeable when it comes to motor stuff. I've seen him tuning stand alone vehicles before. This is without value files to start with which really throws a wrench into the whole procedure.[/QUOTE]

I believe I may have been one of the first ones to use Lito at MSC. Cam was reluctant at first. He is now a believer. They both did a great job on my stang and I will use this combo again when needed.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score

I believe I may have been one of the first ones to use Lito at MSC. Cam was reluctant at first. He is now a believer. They both did a great job on my stang and I will use this combo again when needed.[/QUOTE]

Why did you go to MSC from Kennewick? Wow, that is a long drive.
You could have used Kaizenspeed in Kennewick.

slb

forum member
Reaction score
I believe I may have been one of the first ones to use Lito at MSC. Cam was reluctant at first. He is now a believer. They both did a great job on my stang and I will use this combo again when needed.

You could have used Kaizenspeed in Kennewick.[/QUOTE]

Kaizenspeed does mostly rice burners. I did check with them and they didn't sound motivated for a Mustang . Also, wasn't familiar with their dyno. Have you heard good things?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
You could have used Kaizenspeed in Kennewick.

Kaizenspeed does mostly rice burners. I did check with them and they didn't sound motivated for a Mustang . Also, wasn't familiar with their dyno. Have you heard good things?

I have heard good things from them...mostly imports. But they also work on Corvettes. I have been attending the Race Wars in Royal City which they are a sponsor for...everyone looks at them for parts and modifying.

They seems pretty good. Not sure I would tune with them or let them do mechanical work on my car. But I would definitely rent the dyno and tune with Lito.

slb

forum member
Reaction score
They seems pretty good. Not sure I would tune with them or let them do mechanical work on my car. But I would definitely rent the dyno and tune with Lito.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks. I'm done with HP for now. In search of traction!

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
They seems pretty good. Not sure I would tune with them or let them do mechanical work on my car. But I would definitely rent the dyno and tune with Lito.

Good to know. Thanks. I'm done with HP for now. In search of traction![/QUOTE]

MT drag radials and/or road course race tires.

Thats the only traction I have found. I'm back on street tires due to all the rain and I totally forgot how street tires suck!!! Its like driving on ice if you WOT.

slb

forum member
Reaction score
MT drag radials and/or road course race tires.

Thats the only traction I have found. I'm back on street tires due to all the rain and I totally forgot how street tires suck!!! Its like driving on ice if you WOT.[/QUOTE]

I have tried the MT 305/35/18 and currently M&H 325/40/18 DR's. Both are pretty similar (ok). I ordered some race stars and some Hoossier QTP 27/11.5/15. I really only drive it back and fourth to work and in good weather.I'll keep both sets. I want 1st gear traction!

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I have tried the MT 305/35/18 and currently M&H 325/40/18 DR's. Both are pretty similar (ok). I ordered some race stars and some Hoossier QTP 27/11.5/15. I really only drive it back and fourth to work and in good weather.I'll keep both sets. I want 1st gear traction!

You are asking for a lot of 1st gear... LOL

slb

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the use of having all this HP if a subaru with a towel rack and a fart can leaves you spinning in shame..... LOL

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the use of having all this HP if a subaru with a towel rack and a fart can leaves you spinning in shame..... LOL

He might leave you in shame on 1st gear...maybe 2nd gear...but as soon as you hit 3rd...he will be a dot in your review mirror. LOL

I don't race anyone in 1st or 2nd... Its 3rd and 4th gear for me.

Hell, at the drag strip, I launch in 2nd.
I still spin like crazy... LOL (thats with warm drag radials)

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
He might leave you in shame on 1st gear...maybe 2nd gear...but as soon as you hit 3rd...he will be a dot in your review mirror. LOL

I don't race anyone in 1st or 2nd... Its 3rd and 4th gear for me.

Hell, at the drag strip, I launch in 2nd.
I still spin like crazy... LOL (thats with warm drag radials)

Sounds like you need better tires? I'm dumping the clutch on the 2 step at 5k, 5 # of boost and still bogging down on my new MTeT streets.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back