HELP! reverse lights staying on, cruise-control inop...

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
just like the title says, wtf. i took the bulbs out temporarily so i can still drive it around as its my only car, i'm guessing a sensor on the tranny is messed up and its making the car think its really in reverse and thats why the cruise is'nt working???????

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
check the passenger's & driver's side floor boards and see if the carpet is wet

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like said check the SJB could have just pulled a fuse vice the bulbs. Theres a short somewhere.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Smart Junction box. It controls all the lights and acessories in the car and has fuses/relays for them. Behind the passenger side kick panel.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Even if the carpet or SJB is not currently wet, if it (SJB) has been wet previously, chances are it had failed

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
jack up the car and pull the plug from the reverse switch.....just to see if its a bad switch.only take a few minutes.

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
checked the SJB out, checked all the fuses, including the four SJB fuses under the hood, everything looks good and the box does'nt look like its ever been wet. when i had that leak it only got the carpet a little wet, i don't think thats what the problem is. i'm gonna lift it up and unplug that switch real quick and see what that does...

Attachments

• fuse2.jpg
    fuse2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
  • fuse1.jpg
    fuse1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 9

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
problem solved!!!!! unplugged the reverse switch the lights are off now and the cruise works, but its $70!!! i think i'll just roll with it unplugged from now on..... lmao you should be able to hear me backing up who needs reverse lights lol, thanks for everyone's help!!

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
problem solved!!!!! unplugged the reverse switch the lights are off now and the cruise works, but its $70!!! i think i'll just roll with it unplugged from now on..... lmao you should be able to hear me backing up who needs reverse lights lol, thanks for everyone's help!!

good deal, you can try tapping the switch a few times to see if it unsticks.....other wise i may have a switch on a old transmission, let me know.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back