HID 8000k kit. PICTURES

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Some talk about what HID's would look like for your mustang. The 8,000k kit is the most common everyones uses slight blue white color. The higher the number less brighter, the lower the number such as saleen 4300k kit the brighter the lights.

I'm going to go back to my 8,000k I sold and put on the blackout covers I think this will look decent and sleek. Also to mention I will be using the 2007 headlights that DO NOT have a cover in front, so therefore I don't want to blind people and the blackout covers should help with this.

Pictures below are my 8,000K kit with covers in front of bulbs. If you want a kit I still have a couple I need to sell PM me if you are looking for one. High and low beam. After going back to stock bulbs I can tell you every car I own from here will have HID's the difference at night is absolutely insane. I have night blindness and dark areas are really dark for me so I bought HID's this has helped me from a couple of accidents and also missing obstacles in the road way before so I had time to miss them.

14e6yvo.jpg

2ika2ki.jpg

egv2tk.jpg

Last edited:

Shades

Reaction score
The 07+ didn't have caps in the headlights and that helps with blinding people when using H.I.D.'s? I'm a little confused on this..

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
The 07+ didn't have caps in the headlights and that helps with blinding people when using H.I.D.'s? I'm a little confused on this..
Fixed. I ment blackout covers. I think saleen's run a 4300k kit much brighter than 8000k without any caps or covers. I could be wrong on this.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Thats exactly why I want to tint my head light, I have the 8ks and I get high beamed all the time, with my fogs on its even worst. Heres a pic of mine in the day time.

DSC00587.jpg

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
I have both PM for details. Ones posted in the pictures are 55w. I might recommend the 35w.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly why I want to tint my head light, I have the 8ks and I get high beamed all the time, with my fogs on its even worst. Heres a pic of mine in the day time.

DSC00587.jpg

Whats with the gt500 chin all droopin down you need to fix that sucker up better.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
I tinted my headlights with clear bra tint and used 8k HID and they arent over powering and do not blind people. Its a perfect set up for myself.

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score

DSC00587.jpg

x2 when i have my fogs and heads both on..people get pretty upset haha but i only use that setup when im actually on the dark roads by my gf's house.

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
I run a 55w 4300k kit. Light output is amazing.

Got my kit from vvme.com for pretty cheap. Ran this same brand kit on all of my cars. I think it was 75$ for a 55w high-output Bi-xenon kit.

Last edited:

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting either a 6k or 8k on my torch red gt with roush front end. what would you guys recommend? is the 8k too bluish to go with the red car?

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
I would do 6k.

And most places that sell kits are the exact same ones that vvme.com sells but stangmods, and AM mark up the price to double.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
I would do 6k.

And most places that sell kits are the exact same ones that vvme.com sells but stangmods, and AM mark up the price to double.

i saw vvme.com but i researched them and read alot of bad things about them kits failing and their service sucked if it did. i was looking into DDM tuning HID kits. They are only a couple bucks more than vvme.com and are based in the US and have read good reviews on their service after the sale. http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
That could be a possibility. I've bought 4 or 5 kits through vvme and only had something fail once but it was my fault ( Not wearing gloves and touched the bulb). They charged me shipping but the parts were warrantied.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run a 6000k bi-xenon (hi/low) kit from visionbulbs.com for my headlights, and a 6000k H10 xenon kit for my fog lights (also visionbulbs). I originally bought 8000k headlights, and replaced them with 6000ks within a couple of weeks because I didn't like how blue they were.

BTW, visionbulbs has a discount coupon , E46FANDSCT. Is 10 or 15 percent. Don't remember which.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back