Hood bubbling on mustangs still?

rocco

forum member
Reaction score
just went out and checked my '14, not a spot on the hood. My '11 F150 never (still doesn't in my FIL's hands either) had any issues on the hood either and this is in the "above" the rust belt area where I live!

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah my 07 has those problem and that's why I'm thinking I'm gonna have to change my hood sigh I just hate the look of the bubbling all over it

claudermilk

Reaction score
Redline, that's about what I have on mine when I go looking for it. If it doesn't get worse, I'm not going to worry about it.

....of course we know what Darren will say: Totalled! (sorry, couldn't resist).

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are so hard on poor Darren...I mean just cause his last pony only had 300 on it and I put that on mine in a weekend

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Redline, that's about what I have on mine when I go looking for it. If it doesn't get worse, I'm not going to worry about it.

....of course we know what Darren will say: Totalled! (sorry, couldn't resist).
Yeah I'm not going to worry about it either. I was just curious if what I have is how the bad issues start. Because the pics I see on Google when you search "Mustang hood bubbling" looks way worse then what I have pictured previously. And I had that on my hood since I got it new. I just chalked it up to shitty quality control at the factory. And wasn't going to waste my breath trying to get the selling dealer to fix it since it wasn't cracked or showing any signs of corrosion. Figured they would just try and wet sand it, then screw it up, and spot paint it and that would be more noticeable. At least like it is now you can't see it, unless the hood is popped and you look for it.

My luck once it's out of its warranty it will blister and corrode haha. Then I'll just get a new hood...

Destination S197

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah my 07 has those problem and that's why I'm thinking I'm gonna have to change my hood sigh I just hate the look of the bubbling all over it

That is what I ended up doing. I had read from a few people who had theirs repaired by Ford and it happened again. I just wasn't going to put up with it.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I really am less than pleased to have to spend a crap Los on a hood but maybe I'll buy that over the winter

vinylinterior89

Reaction score
Mine on my 12 is bubbling. I was just going to show them when I bring it for the airbag recall and see what they say.

Back