S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I received mine today!

thank you :boobies:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
np I have another set in your color here like we talked about from the start of the GB if you want them let me know
oh yes!

i will likely take them, and thank you. I just want to get them on mine and "see' before I waste the money on the wife's car! (she doesn't care and keeps her's stock... (dang extended warranty queen)

thanks again

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
fyi I installed mine today. When I first finished the install and closed the hood the driver side was up 1/4". Upon further investigation I found the strut was making contact with the sound tube bracket. I unbolted the bracket and zip tied it underneath where it bolts in. Easy fix and the hood lines up perfect.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
fyi I installed mine today. When I first finished the install and closed the hood the driver side was up 1/4". Upon further investigation I found the strut was making contact with the sound tube bracket. I unbolted the bracket and zip tied it underneath where it bolts in. Easy fix and the hood lines up perfect.

Did you read the instructions?? There is a big bold NOTE section in there about that. LOL!! Oh well at least they are on.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Did you read the instructions?? There is a big bold NOTE section in there about that. LOL!! Oh well at least they are on.
Yes I read the directions. The only NOTe section I had was removing the winshield wiper line clips. My form says revised 12/10/08. Guess maybe there wasn't a bold NOTE section LOL! So what did YOUR directions say?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got mine today and installed them.

My sound tube was also in the way.

These struts don't feel too "strong".

I have the MRTs on my '05 and they fit like a champ, and the hood would lift all way way after lifting it about 5" from the latch.

The Cal Pony ones I installed feel like I have to lift the hood most of the way.

Keep in mind this is my initial thoughts after only opening and closing the hood about 8-10 times.

I also have a pretty noticeable gap between the front half of the bracket and the underside of the hood. It is definitely by design and not install. The bracket fits around the curve of the hinge perfectly, but after the hinge there's a big gap.

How's everyone elses fitment?

These were installed on my '11.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back