Hooking gauges up

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious where everyone taps in to get power for the light on gauges! Is there anywhere easier than others or just to the fuse box

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Search, this has been discussed MANY MANY MANY times before. You'll find more than enough information.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just curious where everyone taps in to get power for the light on gauges! Is there anywhere easier than others or just to the fuse box

I search around with a multimeter and sewing pin for a key on power source in the voltage I need that's close to what I'm hooking up.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
There is a white wire with yellow tracer (stripe) in the wiring main harness to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. Unwrap some of the harness and tap there, that a power key on wire.
If you need a light dimming wire, on the light switch it's the black wire with white trace( stripe)

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
There is a white wire with yellow tracer (stripe) in the wiring main harness to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. Unwrap some of the harness and tap there, that a power key on wire.
If you need a light dimming wire, on the light switch it's the black wire with white trace( stripe)

Thanks man

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
There is a large rubber grommet on the left of the driver side footwell top, use that. I just installed my Shelby gauge pod and have instructions, they have them on Shelby parts web site, you can download them.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
There is a large rubber grommet on the left of the driver side footwell top, use that. I just installed my Shelby gauge pod and have instructions, they have them on Shelby parts web site, you can download them.

Shelbyparts.com or is that wrong?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
There's large grommets on both sides of the firewall. Both have a center "nipple" section that can be cut and wires run through it.

If you want to know only when lights are on, the tan wire (pin 9) on the the light switch gets 12v when lights are on.

I feed gauge power from one of the key-on power fuses in the passenger-side fuse box by the sjb.

I've likely posted this same info before in other threads.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
There's also a foam plug on the drivers side that you can push a coat hanger through the side. Tape your wire to it and pull it through.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score

My $0.02: get an Add-A-Fuse from painless wiring. Little more time to install but a MUCH better way to do it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back