How about a weekend at Barona? Dec 6 & 7

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I've been trading PMs with Paul, and I talked to Ed on the phone. Both Ed and I will be there about 8am. We're going to spectate and hang out with you guys. Paul & Ken should be there around 8:00 also.

don_w

Reaction score
ok.. So it from the look of things our s197 invasion is more of a fly swarm..lol
Yea... it kind of fizzled, didn't it. I'm bummed, I wanted to race, but it just couldn't happen this time. I'll be back with a vengeance in 2009 though! :beerdrink:

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Don, if you are still going tomorrow, would you mine taking my car taking my car down the track? I want to see how bad or good my times are compared to someone else with a lot more experience on the strip.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
We had a great time at the track today. Don, myself and psfracers wife were either taking pictures, videos or both. psfracer has all the pictures and video's now and will make a video.

Oh that 40% chance of rain never did show up. :roflmao:

Last edited:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Leo_06GT don_w psfracer habu SloSVO Ken3030 msgt46270 and Pauls wife.
DSC03798.jpg

Last edited:

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It was good to see you guys today and finally put a face to a name..I should be out there again tomorrow.. I'll make sure i take my rain gear:roflmao:

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not able to make it and I am fairly sure Leo is out, although he might go to pickup another tenth. :roflmao:

It was great hanging out and meeting everyone. Thanks for the hospitality :thumb: I had a blast.

Glad I got my personal best. Little by little I'm knocking the numbers down. I think once the driver gets his shit straight it'll be more consistent and more bests are on the way. Even better I got the chance to pick everyone's brain. Usually I'm at the track by myself so there isn't usually anyone to ask anything, ya know ?

Thanks also SlowSVO, completely forgot your name sorry, for taking a ton of pics. I have a couple up on my photobucket and I'll put more up, Do I post them here or the pics section ??

Leo_06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Great time today. Of course running a new best always has that effect. Even though we didn't get many runs in the social part of it made it all worth it. Like Brian I usually end up at the track by myself with no one to BS with.

Ed-I'll be pm'ing you my address so you can ship me the cd whenever you get a chance.

Don-The view from you backyard is awesome.:thumb:

Paul, Ken, SloSVO (sorry I forgot your name too.:tdown:) nice meeting you.:beer:

****I'm out for tomorrow.

don_w

Reaction score
Yes... a good time indeed. :clap: Lots of new personal bests out there, so that made it even more fun. Lucky for Paul my car wasn't there... or he would have had another KB ass whoopin'. :fight:

don_w

Reaction score
And Paul and his wife are headed back on their 180-mile drive home, so it will be a while before we see his vids. But, he's got some damn good footage to work with... three cameras from three different perspectives on each run. No doubt it's going to be some good stuff. :thumb:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well its still a street car. I made it home. 174 miles to Barona, raced Saturday and Sunday, then drove 174 miles back home. Didn't change anything except for 104 gas and a race tune.

Was a great weekend of racing, I have alot of material to work with. Big thanks to Don W and Donna for the hotel and video --- Ed to, for some awesome pics and video---and of course the wifee for helping me out all weekend.

Here are a couple teaser pics:

Barona1web.jpg

Baona2web.jpg

Too bad Bastard Nemesis wasn't there, I think I would have got him this time.......

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Here are a couple teaser pics from what I took.

Ken3030
DSC03830.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03794.jpg

psfracer
DSC03760-1.jpg

DSC03764-1.jpg

DSC03766-1.jpg

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Job Paul. I had a great time with you guys. Just next time we go to dinner I will meet you at the restaurant. I also ran good there. I dont save every time slip, but I know I ran a best 6.46 at 106 with a 1.38 best 60'. I did break on the pass i think the oil pump broke. I will check it this week and make a new thread. Here are some pics also.

Attachments

• IMG_9077 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9077 (Large).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9372 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9372 (Large).JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9892 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9892 (Large).JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC03820 (Large).JPG
    DSC03820 (Large).JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 4

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I wish i would have gotten you guys's numbers on Saturday.. i was out the door when there were some nasty rain clouds here in Murrieta.. then i checked the weather sites and they claimed a chance of rain in the afternoon in lakeside.. so i said why chance it.. was it a full day? no ambulance running off in the afternoon? Fuck

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back