how long does it take for tuner to unlock gear section in tune?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I have felt your pain, and then was highly chastised via phone call when I finally lost patients after 7 weeks, multiple phone calls, multiple PMs, and posted something about it. I still have a cold lean running condition with mine, and have asked multiple times what data they need and can it be looked at. Never gone any further than them suggesting I replace parts (that I knew wasn't the issue, replaced anyway, and didn't do anything to fix it). I finally gave up. Damn shame too because their transmission tuning is why I use them in the first place.

Just 7 weeks? Haha, I've been waiting for the last 2 tunes I ordered since last Oct - Nov time frame.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just 7 weeks? Haha, I've been waiting for the last 2 tunes I ordered since last Oct - Nov time frame.

Holy shit.. I thought they got you taken care of. Or is this another instance. Cuz I could have sworn you were waiting a year ago when I was waiting.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy shit.. I thought they got you taken care of. Or is this another instance. Cuz I could have sworn you were waiting a year ago when I was waiting.

This is a different set of tunes. I got a Techno 100mm CAI so I went ahead and ordered 2 more tunes. I call and ask about it about once a month. I have other issues with the car (having to rebuild the S/C) so I haven't been pressuring them as much. Last time I needed the tunes to run the car and it was a high priority.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell your in VA, just drive there and get a dyno tune, Jim Sr is one of the best around at tuning, there really isn't any questioning his tuning skill. Hell, Jim Sr and Erick Brooks are the only two I would really consider to tune my car at this point. Although I do hear good things about Wes@WMS and John Lud.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell your in VA, just drive there and get a dyno tune, Jim Sr is one of the best around at tuning, there really isn't any questioning his tuning skill. Hell, Jim Sr and Erick Brooks are the only two I would really consider to tune my car at this point. Although I do hear good things about Wes@WMS and John Lud.

Why would I do that? My tune is perfect.

If this is the way they treat their customers, they won't get any business from me.

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
Trust me, I have felt your pain, and then was highly chastised via phone call when I finally lost patients after 7 weeks, multiple phone calls, multiple PMs, and posted something about it. I still have a cold lean running condition with mine, and have asked multiple times what data they need and can it be looked at. Never gone any further than them suggesting I replace parts (that I knew wasn't the issue, replaced anyway, and didn't do anything to fix it). I finally gave up. Damn shame too because their transmission tuning is why I use them in the first place.

That is a very common problem with blown 05+ 3Vs. It can be tuned out. It takes a little trial and error though.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where is brookspeed located? I may be up for the drive.

He is in Georgia, and who posted right above you. PM him for information.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
georgia is a bit of a hike...may have to sit that one out.....I do live in maine.....

You do know 99% of his tunes are " remote " right ? He does also make trips every now and again to different places to tune . If I can't get a hold of Wes to tune my cobra I will get Eric to do it .

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
You do know 99% of his tunes are " remote " right ? He does also make trips every now and again to different places to tune . If I can't get a hold of Wes to tune my cobra I will get Eric to do it .

I dunno where the 99% came from. I stay pretty busy on the dyno, and do the remote tuning at night. It has consumed all of my free time, so I am becoming a little more selective on the full on remote tuning stuff.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back