How to make my gas pedal lighter

coreystang

forum member
Reaction score
Yall are a bunch of assholes! If you bleed out a little gas pedal fluid it won't be so stiff. You can add or drain as much as you want until you get the proper feel you are looking for.

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to flame here but I think if you lighten the pedal tension then it will actually make the problem of your leg getting tired worse because you will be constantly having to hold your foot up instead of lightly maintaining pressure down. Just something to think about.

tsores

Reaction score
Not trying to flame here but I think if you lighten the pedal tension then it will actually make the problem of your leg getting tired worse because you will be constantly having to hold your foot up instead of lightly maintaining pressure down. Just something to think about.

You are probably correct. That is why I am not seeking to remove all the tension. Just to ease it up a little so it remains controllable but not as tiring as it is now.

That was no flame. Look at some of the other responses. I am learning you need a thick skin in this forum.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
TTOTD

Yes, thick skin is required on S197 at times. We are a bunch of assholes but a bunch of smart nice assholes.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
weight_training_legs_calves_donkey_calf_raise.gif

04DarkShadowGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add other than this seems like a bad idea to just mess around with. I cannot say as I find the gas pedal any heavier than my DD or really any other car I have driven.

I wish you luck and hope you dont end up crashing because of this.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
It's a good thing you didn't buy a pre 05 mustang. By the sound of it, you wouldn't be able to push that cable clutch in.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Has he told us it's a manual?

Everyone complains about the hydraulic clutch being stiff

Falkwa

forum member
Reaction score
ummmmmm man the fuck up and put down your purse.... i can only imagine what kind of bitching you would have with a cable clutch in rush hour....

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
What's funny is I told my wife about this thread. The 06 is her car and she's driven it longer distances than the OP. Her first question was if he was a wimp.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I have nothing to add other than this seems like a bad idea to just mess around with. I cannot say as I find the gas pedal any heavier than my DD or really any other car I have driven.

Totally agree. Leave the gas pedal alone.

BLACK-MACHINE said:
these pedals are as soft as a sneeker full of dog shit.

I guess you've had first hand experience of this huh? :wink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back