How to tell if I have a 101mm Steeda CAI or 95mm?

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a Steeda CAI/SCT tuner combo a month ago and I just realized that I asked for tunes for a 95mm Steeda CAI. The car never threw a CEL and seems to run fine except being rich (11.8) at WOT (93P).

Is there any easy way to confirm if I have a 101mm CAI or a 95mm CAI? The heat shield that came with the Steeda CAI is black powdercoated, but there is nothing that tells me what ID it is...

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
B2B,

If you purchased the Steeda CAI within the last few months from our site, then you definitely have the 101mm intake. We don't carry the 95mm CAI anymore, since Steeda came out with the 101 for the GT's.

Of course, we still have the 95mm CAI on the Bama tune info form because some customers still have the older 95mm style. If your current tune is built around the 95mm MAF housing it will cause the engine to run richer, since the MAF thinks it's flowing more air than it truly is.

Contact the Bama Team at the number in my signature or fill out a tune request form on the site. The Bama guys can write you new tunes for the correct CAI. You'll pick up a little power with the right MAF calibrations for sure!

Shane

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
No problem! Yes, you should be around 12.1-12.3 AFR, with a 14.7:1 stoich. These coyote 5.0's make the most power at a surprisingly rich Air/Fuel, unlike the 3v GT's that like 13.0:1. To me it's a win-win for the coyotes, since you get extra power and a cooler combustion temperature!

Shane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back