How well will 3:90 gears do with a centri super charger?

Reaction score
Well, i made a post about my friend getting a novi 1200 non IC kit from brenspeed a while back. The final kit made a touch over 400 rwhp. I rode in the car and it was kind of meh. At the low end my h/c/i cobra would smash it, but of course like anything else would reel it in on stretch.

How well will 3:90 gears wake that car up down low?

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
4.10s for the win! I would def see it as a positive thing. Get him into the higher rpms quicker

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I thought that 4.10's were a bit much for a supercharged car. I was told it would negate 1st gear. I have 3.73's with my procharger and it is noticably better than the factory 3.55's but still gives me some play on the top end. I guess it all really depends on how much you drive the car daily and what speeds you see on the highway.

Reaction score
He has the stock 3:31s in the car atm.

Just right now, the car has no low end what so ever. Almost like stock until its 4k rpm+

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I had 3.73s with my Paxton kit and the car didn't really wake up unt about 3k, I would go 4.10. I didn't have much a first with the 3.73s either. But the car was a monster on the big end. That's just the way the centri's work.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10s with a centri are a great combo... just need a good tire.

I see no issues with a 3.90 other then FRPP doesn't make them. If he's going to use a shorter tire that is a good fit as well.

:2cents:

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
I have 4.10's with my Paxton and wouldnt change it. It gets you to the workable upper rpm range quickly and with the NT05's its a great combo.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
I've ridden in a couple 4:10 cars, and I'd have to agree; it's too much gear for the street. For bolt on's, by all means go 4:10's; but FI just makes 1st pretty much worthless.

I'm running 3.31's ATM and have the same issues. The car is lacking below 4k. I wouldn't say it feels like stock, but it definitely could use some love down there. :)

Edit: But apparently I'm in the minority, lol.

Reaction score
4.10s with a centri are a great combo... just need a good tire.

I see no issues with a 3.90 other then FRPP doesn't make them. If he's going to use a shorter tire that is a good fit as well.

:2cents:

Yea, i advised him to the 4:10's but he feared the gear. I had 4:10's on my 2v, and with sticky tires it was amazing.

I have 4.10's with my Paxton and wouldnt change it. It gets you to the workable upper rpm range quickly and with the NT05's its a great combo.

Nice, thats good to hear someone with about the same setup. Its just before the 3-4k mark, it felt like my bolt-on 3v had more bawls until it got to the power band.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
im going with a paxton kit in the near future, i have had both 4.10's and 3.90's and now on 3.73's and i think that if you drive it often around the streets like i do the low rpm will keep the gas mileage up. i am going to rebuild my rear with some fresh gears this week and install new clutch packs and see how it goes.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tell him to stock up on cheese, if he goes with 3:90's he will have whine.

I had 2 different sets( Pro 5.0 and Strange) both whined like crazy.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He has the stock 3:31s in the car atm.

Just right now, the car has no low end what so ever. Almost like stock until its 4k rpm+

I had 3.73s with my Paxton kit and the car didn't really wake up unt about 3k, I would go 4.10. I didn't have much a first with the 3.73s either. But the car was a monster on the big end. That's just the way the centri's work.

It doesn't matter which gear you have in it, it's going to feel stock when you aren't in the boost. When you aren't in boost, it's the same as n/a. Mine doesn't start building boost until 3500.

Anyways, I have 4.10's and would go 4.30's if I did it again but my car is just a toy not a daily driver.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back